Halloween, Then Christmas... What About Thanksgiving?

Everyone notices that Thanksgiving is skipped to make way for Christmas

271

With Thanksgiving around the corner, many people are already noticing Christmas items in their local stores. Every time I walk into a store it makes me so angry to see Christmas items. I always say to myself, "Can we wait just a little bit?" Well the answer is no. There is never a retailer that is going to wait to put out Christmas items which to me and many consumers just pushes all the wrong buttons. I always ask why, but i feel that I will never get an answer.

Every time you walk into a store, boom, it is like a a Christmas bomb has gone off. There are Santa's and Christmas Decorations everywhere and i think, why, why does this have to be right now. Can we wait just a couple more weeks because i am not even in the Christmas mood. Yes, I am known as the Scrooge of Christmas. I am not a fan of the snow here in Wisconsin, the cold, and the holiday cheer. I would rather just take a Christmas break and not celebrate Christmas. To me, Christmas is a very stressful holiday and I would like to avoid it as much as possible.

Even when I was in high school people would call me Scrooge. It was not in a mean, bullying way, but it was to recognize that I was not a fan of the holiday or the holiday season. I do not know why I have come to strongly dislike Christmas, but over the years it has just become more of a chore than anything else. Every time I tell someone I am not a fan of the holidays that act like I told them I just was diagnosed with a rare disease of some sort. They have that gasp and say, "OMG WHY!" Then I respond with, "IDK I am just not a fan of it!" People have tired to get me into the spirit of Christmas but I am not in the mood for it at all!

Now this article is not to diminish Christmas, it is to tell you that I am not a fan of it, and I also do not like when retailers put Christmas items out early. For example, when summer starts and you walk into a Target and you already see "BACK TO SCHOOL." That is how I feel. To me, I always try to avoid the holiday section and try to ignore it but it is always up in your face like a perfume salesperson trying to sell you something at Nordstrom. This time of the year is very stressful for me and for many other people. You have the end of the semester, shopping for gifts your people you forgot about all year and so much more. To me, I would rather spend it relaxing from a long semester and not have a care in the world.

So when you walk into a store, just look at how many items thy have for Christmas, and how many they do not have for Thanksgiving. Unless you go to Party City, then they have something for everything. Trust me I try to avoid that store as much as possible, otherwise I will get a headache. So Happy Holidays to the people who want to celebrate them, and to those who do not, give me a call!