I'm Over Halfway Through "Grey's Anatomy" Now And This Is The Scoop

I'm Over Halfway Through 'Grey's Anatomy' Now And Everyone's Falling Apart, Including Me

Warning: MAJOR spoilers ahead!

52

I. Hate. And. Love. Grey's. Anatomy.

I am now on Season 8, and I'm literally always on the edge of my seat! I went through eight seasons all within less than two months. If you ask my coworkers, they'll tell you how I'm always gasping and freaking out in the break room during lunch, completely embarrassing myself, while everyone is staring at me worried because they have no idea what's going on. I almost can't go a day without watching an episode. Like seriously. I will watch an episode and fight how tired I am before going to bed... it's that addicting.

If you have not started this show, if you have not gotten past the first three seasons.. do not continue to read this! The first time I wrote about "Grey's Anatomy" I only tried to convince other's to start the show. I didn't give any spoilers, however, I gave the simple and basic insights of what the show carries. This time, I need to vent it all out. No more 'down-low' spoilers... I'm giving all the juice.

1. My Favorite Friendship:

This is a no-brainer... Meredith and Cristina are the BEST best friends I have ever seen. I now see why people praised their friendship when this show was all fresh and barely starting. Seeing them go through everything together, pissing each other off because they never fail to be 150% real and always having each other's backs is all the loyalty anyone could ever want. They have both gone through hell and back for each other and have never backstabbed another, not once.

Throughout all the relationship drama, the traumatic events of Cristina having a baby, Meredith losing her baby, Derek almost dying and in need of major surgery in which Cristina made happen, and even when Meredith had the flu during the Board's Exam all while Cristina was in a million pieces due to Dr. Hunt cheating on her—they were there for each other.

2. My Favorite Relationship:

All the relationships that go on and off throughout the seasons are so crazy. Everyone has basically dated each other and it seems like no big deal when a couple breaks up and hooks up with someone different at the hospital. The happiest one for me is (obviously) Meredith Grey and McDreamy's relationship.

I have been rooting for them since day one! Their story might be the most insane, but I was waiting for them to finally be happy together for the longest time. I couldn't stand Addison when she showed up on the show. As great as she can be as a person and doctor, she was not the one for Derek. It put both Derek and Meredith in so much unnecessary pain and emotional conflict. They've both made it work so well after all the hell they went through and are able to respect each other's boundaries when it came to Meredith's friendship with Christina and Derek's dual role as Chief and renown surgeon.

3. The Best "Worst" Episode:

assets.rbl.ms

I watched the best "worst" episode during my lunch at work and MAN was I going crazy!! This happens in Season Six Episode 23: "Sanctuary." My coworkers roasted me all day after my embarrassing breakdown while watching this in the breakroom, so make sure you watch it alone in a non-public space.

There was no clue that this scene was going to be approached throughout the seasons and I was sitting at the edge of my seat almost the whole time. It was a two-episode story, and it was directed so well. Watching so many lives disappear, having to watch the patients help attendees with surgical procedures and the FACT that Meredith Grey also just had a miscarriage... like WHAT!!

Derek was the main target and no one knew exactly who the shooter was. All people knew was that there was a shooter in the hospital and putting the entire building on lockdown. I still haven't found when Derek really dies in this show, but I've been aware that it's due to happen since I first started (thanks a lot spoiler people). However, since this is my first time seeing the show, I was a complete wreck thinking this was going to be the episode he passes away in. I wasn't ready for him to die, so when he didn't, I was in such great relief.

I am now ending Season Eight where the plane has crashed and all surgeons and doctors are injured and in no luck of getting help. Lexi didn't make it, Sloan is going unconscious with all going on and a severe injury in his heart and chest, Derek's hand is almost gone and no one in Seattle has a complete clue about the tragic incident that is occurring in their loved one's lives.

I am so sad that I am getting closer to the end of this whole series. I know for a fact I will re-watch the show in the near future; however, I just want to watch and feel everything all over again without already knowing because it's THAT good. Shout out to all who convinced me to finally start this show and shut everything else down this summer to watch more and more episodes. You've saved me a lotta money this summer (:

Xoxo,

Princess J