The Insanity of Hairstyle Moods

The Insanity of Hairstyle Moods

In a peculiar way, my hair has often encompassed how I felt at the time.

30
The Insanity of Hairstyle Moods
Hair Dressers and Salons

Are you irrationally attached to long hair? Or are you the type that keeps your hair so short that you can't stand it touching your neck? Maybe you've been both of these people. Maybe you're neither. As for me, the state of my hair has always been oddly therapeutic. In a peculiar way, my hair has often encompassed how I felt at the time. It's also helped me cope with different stages of my childhood development.

1. The irrational need for long hair:

This stage of hair therapy might last days or even years. In my case, I had long hair for approximately five years. As most know, growing long hair takes an extensive period of time. Sometimes you fear your hair might turn grey before it grows long enough. What is enough? It's never enough. The irrational need for long hair causes the individual to cease from cutting their hair. Even a simple trim strikes fear into the heart of the long hair wearer. It's your precious, and it will be guarded against any sheers or suggestions of a hair cut.

2. The copy cat haircut:

Suddenly you're driving home after a grueling day of work and class, when an epiphany hits. You'd probably be a lot cooler, and that kink in your neck would probably feel a little better if there weren't so much hair weighing you down. So you begin research, extensive research. It can't be too short, but it has to be short enough. It still has to look nice though. Obviously, the best place to look for nice hair is celebrities. You look for someone who's overall style you like. I decided I liked Taylor Swift's hair. She's pretty and has an old fashioned retro style. Once you find that perfect celebrity to try and imitate, because that's not creepy or anything, the next step is to build up the courage to actually cut off the lengthy locks. Once you do though you feel free and fabulous.

3. The I'm too tired for this hair:

The celebrity imitation is all fine and dandy for a while, but then you realize how much effort that actually takes. Working, school, and family life catch up to you, and soon the fabulous hair is just plain annoying. Thus you take another trip to the salon, where you proceed to ask for a shorter do. It doesn't really matter how much that hairstyle resembles a bowl. You're cool as long as it's shorter. The frizzed out ends just make you look smarter. Einstein never had perfect hair.

4. The I could probably make this shorter and more stylish look:

The shorter hair is okay, but then it starts to grow again. You're still too lazy to maintain it like you once did, but what is there to do? You attempt to tame the beast and make yourself look presentable. Still, it's summer and you're so sweaty and your hair is so frizzy. The straightener is little to no help in taming the mess. You can't really bring yourself to go to the salon again, that is until a friend or relative suggests a day at the salon. In my case, my aunt suggested a day at the salon as a going away gift for college. What could be better than to find a short style that's easily manageable? It's quick a quick and efficient search. Soon you find what you want in a hair do. The style is so perfect that you save a copy on your phone, computer, and send it to yourself in messenger just to be safe. Then a day of fun is spent, resulting in a gorgeously manageable do and a more confident demeanor.