7 Habits For A Healthy Lifestyle

7 Habits For A Healthy Lifestyle

Ways to help your mind, body and spirit.

1757
7 Habits For A Healthy Lifestyle
Mary Beth Flores

College is a time where life is very confusing and messy. Many college students deal with balancing school, jobs, clubs and social events. To make life a bit easier and more organized at times, here are some healthy habits for college students to practice.

1. Drink more water.

Yes, we hear this all the time. The more water you drink the better your skin is, the less you crave foods etc. The habit I have gotten into is before I go to sleep, I make sure I have a water bottle in my backpack and by my nightstand. I also "spice" up my water sometimes by adding lemons or cucumbers in it!

2. Work out.

The best way I have found to motivate myself and get in a routine of working out is wearing work out clothes to makes sure you can always find time to hit the gym or go on a run. This way there is no excuse to go home and change and end up taking a two-hour nap!

3. Dialogue habits.

This year I have realized how much I apologize for simple actions. If I ask someone a question at a random time, I'll say "sorry to bother you." Instead of using this sometimes self-deprecating phrase, I have started to try and thank people for their time or efforts to help me instead of saying how sorry I am.

4. Listen to podcasts.

I used to listen to podcasts with my dad in the car when I was little. Now I am trying to get back in the habit of listening to them on the way to class or when I need a break from my music. Some of my favorites are Girlboss, NPR, and Optimal Daily Living for interesting facts and cool stories!

5. Be prepared.

This is something my mom has been telling me for years. Unfortunately, I am awful with this, but laying out clothes for the next day can save you so much time in the morning.

6. Switch it up.

At times I find myself watching the same genre of movies a lot. One habit to get into can be finding different movies you wouldn't normally watch, like an action or historical fiction movie. You can get a lot of ideas from the Oscar nominees.

7. Buy flowers for your mom.

This habit is the best because every mom (or dad) deserves a random bouquet of flowers sometimes.