There's A Hero In Everyone

There's A Hero In Everyone

Examples of every-day heroes and how you can become one

1940
There's A Hero In Everyone

There's a hero in everyone. In every human, mammal, and creature there is a hero. The heroics may lie dormant for now, but at some point in every creature's life, they will be a hero. Be it known or unknown acts of heroics. They may be small acts of kindness or large acts of life-threatening proportions, they could be acts of bullying or compassion, either way you will make a positive difference in at least one creature's life.

When I was in first grade, someone started bullying me. All throughout elementary school, I was bullied. I quickly learned that I had to be mentally strong and stand up for myself since none of my classmates would and I always forgot most of what happened before I could tell the adults. I didn't like how bullying made me feel so I made a concerted effort to make sure that I could help any victims of bullying that I come across to stand tall and learn from the experience like I have.

But bullying certainly isn't the only way that can affect people in a positive way. Little acts of kindness can start a revolutionary change in something as big as the world or as small as a chipmunk. My family has only adopted rescue pets, with the exception of one animal, for as long as I've been alive. Every dog we have owned has been abused or neglected by their previous owners and we help them to overcome the fears that had developed throughout the mistreatment. This is one way my family gives back to the world.