I Believe That Gypsy Rose Deserves Jail Time

I Believe Gypsy Rose Deserved Jail Time

The controversies start...Now!

460
I Believe Gypsy Rose Deserved Jail Time

Let me start by saying this, I do not think she should have gotten ten years.

I do think that she should be punished for her crime.

With the Hulu series "The Act," this case from a few years ago has been brought back up into everyday conversation and pop culture.

In June 2015, the body of Dee Dee Blanchard was found in her Missouri home with several stab wounds. Gypsy Rose and her boyfriend, Nicholas Godejohn, were at his home in Wisconsin. The police found them through his IP address, after writing "The Bitch is dead" on Dee Dee and Gypsy's joint Facebook account.

For years, Gypsy had been mistreated and abused by her mother. She was force-fed medicine, underwent painful surgeries, and was made to act like a child. She was even given an unnecessary feeding tube, that was extremely painful.

After over 20 years of torment, she wanted to break free.

She met Nicholas online, and they developed a secret relationship through hidden video calls. Her boyfriend had displayed several psychological problems in his past, he was at one point medicated. He also masturbated for hours in a McDonalds.

Now, why would I want jail time for an abused and tortured girl?

Well for one, she did commit a crime.

Secondly, Gypsy planned the crime. She made the decision to have her mother be killed. She bought the knife and let Nicholas into the house and into the room. Gypsy literally asked him to kill her mother.

No, what Dee Dee did to Gypsy wasn't right.

Her actions were heinous, and the years of abuse took their toll on Gypsy. Even Dee Dee's family hated her, and reportedly flushed her ashes when they got them.

There was and still is a lot of confusion surrounding this case. Many people have their own opinions. I do believe that Nicholas's punishment was deserved, just as much as I believe that Gypsy deserved to be punished.

She will need help once she gets out of prison, but she needs to be there.