To The Guy Who Will Never Love Me

To The Guy Who Will Never Love Me

You always held a place in my heart.

19
To The Guy Who Will Never Love Me

Dear ____,

I knew the first day I met you, you were something special. It's too bad you don't see me the same way. You would think I would be over you by now. I mean it's been years since I met you, seven to be exact. Seven years and I'm head over heels for you, I must be crazy right? Why are you so special? Why do I feel like this? Why can't you get out of my head?

It hurts when I hear you talk about a girl. When you talk about a girl, I feel like I'm being stabbed in my heart. Girls you barely know can catch your attention, yet I'm sitting here knowing you for seven years like I'm nothing. What do these girls have that I don't? I mean I'm not going to change who I am for you, not even a little bit. If anything, you're the one missing out. I don't like expensive things, I can cook, I'm trustworthy, and I won't take you for granted. It physically hurt to sit across the table from you and hear you talk how poorly your ex treated you, I would have never treated you bad.

I'm convinced you're the reason none of my relationships worked out. I always had you in the back of my mind and compared all of the guys to you. I wanted you but, I couldn't have you. I still can't. I was single most of high school because no one compared to you. I tried giving other guys a chance to steal my heart but, they were clearly unable to.

I realize now that I took time for granted, before I knew it we graduated high school. I went from seeing you every day, to seeing you once in a blue moon since I left for college. Waking up every morning for high school was worth it to see and sit next to you in class. I bet it was worth seeing me every day too so you could copy my homework because you had zero motivation to do yours. I took those days for granted, I wish I could see you every day and cling onto your arm while walking to lunch. I miss you, I want to go back in time and enjoy those days.

We have been through a lot... well at least I have. I have gotten my heart broken by you countless of times. Let's not forget I was there with you through a rough patch during senior year. I don't think I ever cried so much in my life until that month, I'm emotional I apologize. We never really had a fight until I left for college, which I'm surprised over the course of seven years we've only had one fight. But let's be honest, you brought that fight upon yourself for ditching me. I can be difficult and sassy often so kudos to you for being able to deal with me.

We may have different political views when it comes to the presidential election but, I don't hate you like I do with other supporters... Be grateful for that. Other than that we can be pretty similar and have things in common. Remember junior year of high school, we stayed up late texting each other one night about some people on YouTube that we both watch. The Dudeson's for instance, I was watching them one night and I sent you a video and you told me you watch them. I wonder if you still watch them.. I do, every time they put out a new video. I would love to lay around all day and watch videos with you and laugh.

I miss staying awake all night talking to you, what ever happened to that? As tired as I am every night between college and work, I will say up and talk to you any night. Let's just talk about life like we used to.

I want to go on adventures with you this summer, even if you still only think of me as a friend. Let's go down to the shore, let's go to Philly, let's walk around Main Street. Anywhere can be a fun adventure, you're my best friend. I just want to see you often, it's hard being away for months from someone I'm close to, someone I trust. I'm only an hour and forty minutes away at college, I'm honestly not far at all.

My heart hurts when I think about you, it's never going to change, I hate to admit that. I can be married at 50, with grown kids, and wake up in the middle of the night and think "what if?" My feelings are never going to change, you know that.

YOLO right?

Love always,

Me