Guy Best Friends
Dating

4 Reasons Why Every Girl Should Have A Guy Gang

Imagine if I never met the broskis.

25
https://omgcheckitout.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/The-Big-Bang-Theory-Fair-Use.jpg

First off, you may all be wondering "okay is she really friends with all guys or does she have friends that are girls too?" To put it in simplest terms, yes, I am also friends with girls and yes I do spend time with them and very much enjoy our regular sleepovers and talks about guys. However, since I've been at college (which will be a month on September, 10th) I have made a lot more guy friends then I ever thought possible. It's all been very strange truthfully.

Now, I grew up with two brothers, so obviously I have always been comfortable around guys and I have always found it easy to talk to them. I never went through the phase of being scared of guys because for some reason I always pictured that I was talking to my brother and never thought of it as anything more than that. I remember being in middle school and some girls were TERRIFIED of guys. I always silently laughed at them because they are human beings too and I promise all of you girls out there that are thinking, "umm yeah that was me or that still is me," that being around and talking to a guy is not scary whatsoever. Frankly, you may be surprised on what they talk to you about.

1. They Take All The Seriousness Out Of Life 

I've noticed, that when I have best friends that are guys, I look at the world in a completely different light. Most guys are pretty laid back about most things in life (at least my friends are) and they literally make a joke about every single thing that they can honestly make a joke about. If I ever get annoyed by it they just look at me and laugh at me which makes me end up laughing because I can't stay annoyed with them since they are so ridiculous.

2. They Make Me Feel Safe 

This trait is definitely something that both my parents and I have found peace in. College and the world can sometimes be super scary, but I know that I have my guy gang there to back me up no matter what. For example during this past weekend, I was starving and the dining center was closed. So two of my guy friends went with me to get tacos even though they had already ate. I tried to say "No, you two don't have to come!" But the moment I started to talk they completely shut me down. There was no question about it; they were going to come with me.

3. They Tell Me The Truth About Everything 

I know that sometimes I can't ask one of my girl friends her perspective on something because it probably is already the same perspective that I have on the situation. So, that's when I turn to my broskis because they usually come up with completely different advice since their brain is wired so differently. Not only that, but they don't sugarcoat anything. Sometimes the issue is me in a situation and I just need someone to tell me the truth, which my guy friends have never had a problem of telling me when to cut it out and woman up.

4. They Tell Me Everything About Guys 

Finally, guys tend to tell you everything that you may need to know, want to know, or never want to know about them. They never really have a problem with saying anything and everything to you. If I want to understand why a guy is doing something I go to them and ask them. They usually can decipher what may be going through their head and report back to me what I should do about it. It's honestly awesome.

I truly do believe that everyone should try to become best friends with a couple of guys or at least one guy. Being best friends with all my guy friends has made my college experience a million times better and I know that I am becoming a better and happier person because of it too. Shoutout to all the girls with a guy gang behind them and another shoutout to all the broskis for being real bros all the freaking time!