Gun Control Won't Prevent Events Like The Las Vegas Shooting

The real issue is sick, deranged individuals who want to hurt people or want to commit suicide-by-cop by trying to hurt/kill as many people as possible.

4399
Instagram

The tragedy in Las Vegas has citizens and politicians once again rallying in favor of gun control. Tragedy, unfortunately, has a way of opening people's eyes to what is really going on in the world. Tragedy reminds the people that humanity is still constant and that the flaws of humanity in events such as this are undoubtedly something that can be controlled.

So they rally. If it is a shooting, it is a rally to enact gun control laws. If it is a stabbing, it is a rally to enact stricter security policies.

But, unfortunately, the entire notion of gun control is one that wreaks of fallacy. There are around 310 million guns in the U.S. These are the registered ones.

Consider the black market.

Consider the rise in terrorism and the claims that such groups like ISIS and others are the perpetrators of global violence.

Consider that.

Gun control will not stop the black market. Gun control will not stop terrorist acts. Gun control will not stop the violence.

Gun control, while some might believe it to help prevent events such as Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, and Las Vegas, will not treat the actual cause of the violence. It will simply put a veil over the real issue.

The real issue is sick, deranged individuals who want to hurt people to get their names in the history books as the biggest monsters in history.

Instead of gun control, which is entirely totalitarian and would eliminate the chance that a gun would be in a good person's hands, such as one who carries it as part of the military, law enforcement, or self-defense, that would be in a position to actually prevent a situation such as Virginia Tech or Sandy Hook.

The idea that should be considered instead of gun control is stricter mental wellness checks on a potential owner of a firearm, but also family members. Dormant psychological issues can exist in families and cause the wrong people to still be able to get their hands on weapons.

On top of the last three points, gun control is unconstitutional. Gun regulation, however, with the prevention of allowing someone to purchase a gun on the regular market that has a criminal background is constitutional. Gun control in its' totalitarian aspects is unconstitutional.

Gun regulation, which prevents in part the wrong people having access to weapons, is constitutional. The idea of a rigorous mental wellness check would fall under the category of gun regulation.

Gun control will not fix anything. America already has laws preventing the use of drugs. How many people die daily from drug-overdoses that were taking substances made illegal by the government?

Gun control has the same effect. If someone really wants to get out and kill a bunch of people, they will find some way to do it.