A Guide To Chicken Nuggets

A Guide To Chicken Nuggets

A ranking of the best chicken nuggets around -- by nugget-lovers, for nugget lovers.

216
A Guide To Chicken Nuggets

There has been something on my mind for a very long time, and I think it is a very important issue that has forced many Americans to be conflicted. Which fast food restaurant has the best chicken nuggets? I, along with many college students out there, want to get to the bottom of this. I enlisted four of my nugget-loving friends to help me find the answer, once and for all.

Like many chicken-loving college students might have been, my friends were eager to participate (they also had nothing else to do and I was paying for the nuggets). Let's meet the nugget lovers, shall we.

Name: Addie Zebrowski.

Nickname: The Nibbler.

Height: 5'4."

Number of nuggets consumed in one sitting: 6.

Sauce of choice: Honey mustard.

Name: Brooke Harrison.

Nickname: The Chomp.

Height: 5'6."

Number of nuggets consumed in one sitting: 8

Sauce of choice: Ketchup.

Name: Katie Doud.

Nickname: One-Bite.

Height: 5'2."

Number of nuggets consumed in one sitting: 10.

Sauce of choice: Barbecue.

Name: Victoria D'Antone.

Nickname: The Big Dipper.

Height: 5'6."

Sauce of choice: Barbecue.

Each nugget-lover was blindfolded and hand-fed each nugget to determine which, out of the five in the experiment, is the best. At the end, they were asked to rank their nuggets from least liked, to most liked. This is what they decided, along with their commentary throughout the taste tests.

Rankings from worst to best

5. Checkers Chicken Bites

Addie: "It's very hard and firm. Ow, oh my god, it just cut my throat."

Brooke: "It has a very smoky after taste that is very unsettling."

Katie: "It's oddly hard, and then you bite into it and its gooey, it's making me uncomfortable."

Victoria: "Ew. Crunchy, but not crunchy. It has a dog food-like consistency."

4. KFC Popcorn Nuggets

Addie: *spits out* "That is not edible chicken."

Brooke: "It's very 'barbecue-y'"

Katie: "This sh*t is spicy. A little too chewy."

Victoria: "It's a little dry. There's a tiny kick of flavor."

3. Burger King Chicken Nuggets

Addie: "I'm getting a lack of flavor, very weird texture."

Brooke: "Kind of dusty, with too much chicken."

Katie: "The chicken's nice, just a little soggy."

Victoria: "Real chicken, not as much breading."

2. McDonald's Chicken McNuggets

Addie: "It tastes like the smell that is in a car after a person had McDonald's."

Brooke: "Very slimy chicken, kind of sh*tty quality."

Katie: "I can 100 percent tell you where this is from."

Victoria: "Very bland, but I want more."

1. And the winner is… Wendy's Chicken Nuggets

Addie: "A little chewy for my liking."

Brooke: "Very juicy, and I feel like it was individually spiced, like someone physically took care of the amount of spice on this nugget."

Katie: "Ooh, that's some good sh*t. This might sound weird, but I'm getting a country fried taste."

Victoria: "It tastes like the chicken is very attached to the breading."

There you have it. Mystery solved. The best place to get your chicken fix is Wendy's! Now, when you college kids get a craving for some nuggets, you know where to go.

Until next time.