The Self Help Guide To Arguing

The Self Help Guide To Arguing

It sucks, I know, but it's just something that comes with life.
7

It can be difficult to sort out your feelings. If you're ever in an argument with someone there are really two routes you can go: take everything spur of the moment and let the heat of the argument drive your words, or give yourself a few seconds to process what the other person is saying and respond with the most meaningful thing that you can throw back at them.

Limit yourself.

There's no reason for your issues with someone to put a damper on your entire life. If the situation is becoming too overwhelming, don't be afraid to get up and walk away.

Take your time.

If you need to remove yourself from a situation, do it. Go off the grid for a few days if that's what you need. Give yourself time to process.

It's okay to not forgive.

The saying "forgive and forget" isn't as easy as it sounds. If you feel something is too much for you to be able to forgive, that's perfectly fine.

Your opinions and feelings are valid.

No one has the right to say that they didn't hurt you. Don't be afraid to call them out for trying to skip around the fact that their actions upset you.

Know when it's time to let go.

Letting go can be the absolute worst thing you have to do. Sit down with yourself and think about if this is something that you need to dwell on and hold onto, or if it would benefit you more to just let go.

Keep your head up.

Tomorrow is another day. Get out there and make it yours.