Growing Up And Growing Apart

Growing Up And Growing Apart

Dear best friends, thank you...

194
Growing Up And Growing Apart
Ann Hall

We've all known each other since we were very young, but never connected as friends until sophomore and junior year. Our love for performing brought us together. I've been in many different friend groups growing up, but I've never had true friends until you guys. We don't fight with each other often, and when we do we always make up shortly after. I like to think that we were all perfectly designed for each other's friendship, and that's what makes saying goodbye so hard.

They have gotten me through the worst times, and have been by my side through the best times. I can't imagine my life without them, and I would never want to. As our time together comes to an end, I hope they know that they have impacted my life in the best way possible. Whether they're far away in another state, far away in our hometown, or right next to me in the Muncie, I will always be on their side. There is no body of water that I wouldn't cross, no mountain that I wouldn't climb, to be there for them in their times of need. I know I can count on them to do the same. They were there for me through some of the hardest times in my life. They could have left me to my own defenses, but they didn't. They held my hand and helped me get through many of the battles in my life, and there's no way I could ever thank them enough.

I know that when we leave for college, our friendship won't be the same. Distance has a way of tearing people apart, but I will always think of them as my best friends. On Friday, May 31st, 2019 we will all be going out separate ways. One of my best friends will be going to Brigham Young University in Utah, one of my best friends will be going to Ivy Tech in Fort Wayne, and one of my best friends will be my roommate at Ball State University. I feel as if tiny slivers of my heart are going to be all over the country, and I'm okay with that. I don't know what the future holds but I know that it's time for us to take or next step, even though it causes us to walk away from each other. We've been dreaming of college since the first day of senior year, and it's finally here. So to my best friends, I can't wait to see the amazing things you accomplish in your life. I hope you know that you'll always have at least one person supporting you.

Ally Condie said, "Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that." As you all read this quote, I hope you look back in remembrance of your high school besties. I hope you remember all of the late nights and inside jokes, you used to share to share with them. I know I won't forget about mine.