11 Signs That You Can Take The Girl Out Of Jersey, But You Can't Take The Jersey Out Of The Girl

If your best friend or girlfriend is from New Jersey, read below for a good laugh because a few things about her may start to make more sense!

545

Whether it's asking people what exit they live off of, what they eat on their bagel and pizza, or not knowing how to pump gas, everyone from New Jersey has a special bond. We are all familiar with the fast-moving coffee shops and grocery stores and the freezing water down the shore. New Jersyians always find ourselves complaining about just anything about where we live, but the truth is we take pride in where we are from and would never choose to grow up anywhere else. Don't make fun of New Jersey to a true Jersey girl or you'll get her wrath, sarcasm, sass, and maybe even some curse words!

1. You grew up watching Jersey Shore

You always had people that didn't grow up in Jersey bash on your state mainly because of this TV show. You ALWAYS got frustrated with people when you tried to defend New Jerseyians and explain they are nothing like the people on the show! Hey, more than half of them aren't even from Jersey! Let's be honest though if you are a Jersey girl, you probably tried poofing your hair like Snooki!

assets.rbl.ms

2. It's not the "beach" because you're going down the shore

When you were going down the shore with your family, it was a big production! The nearest beach was always hours away and on a beautiful day, you always had to deal with enormous traffic. After countless packing of beach chairs, suntan lotion, and a cooler full of Wawa iced coffee, you finally got to spend a relaxing day on the sand, overlooking the beautiful ocean (well, more like black and polluted waters).

assets.rbl.ms

3. It's Taylor Ham, not Canadian Bacon

Only true New Jersyians know that Taylor Ham goes on a pork roll! If you're reading this but you're not from New Jersey and you want to see the true sass of a Jersey girl, just call this Canadian bacon and see what kind of sarcasm get!

assets.rbl.ms

4. You don't know how to pump your own gas

Yes, it is a fact that New Jersey is the ONLY state that has lovely people pump your gas for you. If you moved out of state, you definitely got made fun of by all your friends that you didn't know how to pump your own gas! (your family members also totally made fun of you) Don't be embarrassed though, New Jerseyians weren't meant to blend in, we were meant to stand out!

ShoreandMore

5. Everyone always asks you to say "water, coffee, dog"

Your out of state family members love to tease you and get you to say random words. You also were most likely asked to say the words "dog" and "coffee" dozens of times. Don't worry Jersey girl, your accent is cute and loved by everyone! On the bright side, at least New Jersiayns can say our "r's" correctly, unlike our rivals from Boston!

assets.rbl.ms

6. You absolutely despise the Patriots, especially Tom Brady

Yes, Tom Brady is a phenomenal football player and yes if you're from New Jersey, you're obligated to hate him. If you're a Giants fan, you'll never forget the shaking floors and walls of that sweet victory we took home in the 2008 Superbowl! Alright, Brady it's time for you to retire and head back to your brownstone in the beautiful city of Boston.

7. You know what a real diner is

Only people from New Jersey know what true disco fries and a sloppy joe taste like. If your diner isn't open all night and isn't a popular spot for the busy working commuters into NYC, it isn't a real diner. If you want to see an authentic diner, bring your girlfriends and head to Jersey and I promise the calories are worth it!

assets.rbl.ms

8. You are confused when someone tells you they have never seen snow or been to New York City

Although going to NYC is a special treat, it's nothing new for you. Whether you go to the city with your family or girlfriends, going to NYC is unlike any other experience. Being from New Jersey means taking the train in and out of Grand Central Station almost every weekend! Although the snow and cold weather also sucks sometimes, you are absolutely flabbergasted when someone tells you they have never seen a true White Winter and the Big Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center!

assets.rbl.ms

9. You always went to the mall with your girlfriends

New Jersey is known for all of its wonderful shopping malls, including the beautiful Short Hills Mall. If you're a Jersey girl, you know how to shop the right way: till you drop. You know all the good name brand clothes and only because there aren't many things to do in a classic Jersey winter other than to go to the mall with your girlfriends!

assets.rbl.ms

10. You only know where people live based off the exit they tell you

For all you New Jersyians out there, shoutout to exit 135 (Clark/Westfield)! People from Jersey communicate with each-other about where they live based off the number exit they're from. If you ever want to see if someone is a true native, just ask them what exit they are!

assets.rbl.ms

11. You have bad road rage

Everyone from Jersey loves their horn, potty mouth, and middle finger when they're driving! This only makes sense when everyone is ALWAYS going 25 mph over the speed limit!

assets.rbl.ms