Living Life With A Large Family Is Living Larger Than Life

Reservation for 25 people? No problem.

748
Kelynn Murray

Family. This one word means many things to many people. Some have broken families, some have small families, others have a family made out of best friends. And then there are the ones with families so large, that they create noise complaints whenever they all get together. No matter what kind of family you have, they all provide unconditional love and support. They are the one consistent thing that will always be in our lives. Especially the large, obnoxious ones.

When you grow up with a big family like I did, it can be hard for people to understand sometimes how you’re able to keep your sanity with them. But of course, that’s an easy answer. They’re your family, and you don’t know where you would be without them.

It takes you 10 minutes just to go around and say "hi" to everyone.

You have to give hugs and kisses, the usual “how are you!” greeting, and make sure you don’t miss anyone.

Then, of course, you have to give everyone your life update. At least three times.

With 20+ people in the same house, you have to travel from group to group.

Then, when everyone is in the same room, everyone happens to talk at the same time… including you.

And yes, this drives Grandpa crazy. But he still loves you all the same.

When food time comes, there’s enough to feed an entire army because let’s face it... you guys basically are one. That’s the only quiet point of the day because everyone is stuffing their faces.

Then, the talking starts up again and it doesn’t stop until it’s time to leave each other once again, giving hugs and kisses just like how it all started.

As everyone leaves, you look at your family who is absolutely insane and realize how darn lucky you are.

In front of you is the biggest, most loving and eternal support system in the world, and you don’t know what you would do without them.