You Need To Grow Up Before You Glow Up

You Need To Grow Up Before You Glow Up

If you change your hair, you'll change your life!

871
You Need To Grow Up Before You Glow Up

2017 was the year that people talked about their glow up. They point out that they were so ugly and now they're so not. Well good for them, but that definitely makes us girls who definitely didn't glow up feel like we're missing something.

I stumbled upon this one girl on YouTube, who was about college age, and she has made at least 4 videos just about how to glow up. She begins these videos with a picture of herself form a year ago, where she looks the same minus a change in her hair color. She gives so many tips as if she can really help you glow up.

While a couple tips are feasible the whole video is pointless for someone who really hasn't glowed up at all and can't easily 'force' a glow up.

I wish this whole glow up movement was about becoming a better person, but sadly it's focus is on physical beauty. While I do believe that everyone is beautiful in their own way, very few people actually go through a glow up. Usually, people just get better looking over time - it's rarely all at once.

Glowing up neglects the idea that we should be continually improving ourselves to be the best person that we can be. It should be a long process - actually it's called growing up! Growing up transitions young people into confident adults who aren't striving for some peak.

The glow up movement needs to stop before teenage girls think that if they do x, y and z, then they'll be attractive. We need to be continually encouraging others to be their best self regardless of if a glow up has occurred because it likely won't.