10 Thank-Yous My Group Chat Deserves (In One Article, So I Don't Spam Their Notifications)

Whether it is 3 a.m. or 11 p.m., I know that you are there for me. No matter what.

319
123rf

A group chat is a safe space. Somewhere that you can be yourself without worrying that you will be judged, ridiculed, or misunderstood. Somewhere you can let out the day's frustrations and worries but also the first place you run to with good news. A group chat is somewhere your dreams can grow and you don't have to hide your true feelings, to my group chat — this is for you.

1. Thank you for being honest when I needed it

Sometimes I didn't want to accept that I was acting overdramatic or that I needed to walk away from that relationship. You were there to make sure that I saw both sides and chose the rational one.

2. Thank you for never giving up on me

I am incredibly stubborn. Thank you for not leaving even when I held the door open for you to go. Thank you for adding me back into the group when I decided to leave it. I know I am not always easy to handle, but you know exactly how to handle me and I love you for it.

3. Thank you for cheering me on

You are pretty much always the first people I run to with good news, so thanks for always making sure I know how much you guys support everything I do. I don't know if I could have gotten through transferring colleges without you guys, but you definitely made it easier.

4. Thank you for picking me up

I have fallen pretty low this year. But I always had you to lean on. I am forever grateful for that. You made sure my bad days were brighter, with just a text and managed to make me feel like you were right there to cheer me up - even if we were miles apart.

5. Thank you for the advice and opinions

I like hearing what you think. I like that I can text you about something I am thinking and you are right there with feedback. It is nice to get several angles of something and you are always willing to help with that.

6. Thank you for the meaningful, intelligent conversation

I cannot stand talking about nothing all day and if I say "lol" in a conversation more than 3 times I stop answering so it is nice to talk to people that have actual knowledge of things that are happening in the world and have actual insights to things.

7. Thank you for the pictures of your pets, or the random animals you see when you are out

I am obsessed with animals. It really makes my day when you send me the animals you see when you are out or your pets or your family members pets. There are never too many pictures of animals in the GC.

8. Thank you for always being there

Whether it is 3 a.m. or 11 p.m. I know that you are there for me. No matter what. To look up someone's Instagram and tell me if you know them or if I have a stalker or help me through a hard time. You don't know how important that is to me.

9. Thank you for listening to the same stories over and over

Sometimes I repeat myself. I am sorry. I forget I already told you. I know you don't care, it is really nice that you listen again. I appreciate it.

10. Thank you for being you

I think that our chat works so well because we have an understanding that our GC is like a club. It is kind of exclusive and it works for us and I love that. You play such an important part of our chat that I really don't know what I would do without you. Thank you for being you.

The group chat is more important to me than I can truly express. You need to know that. I hope that it means as much to you. Thank you for being such an important part of my life.