The Best Grilled Cheese Recipe

The Best Grilled Cheese Recipe

Don't Resist It
7

Many know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich, but they vary from person to person. Here is my recipe for the best grilled cheese in the tri-state area:

Ingredients:
- 2 not too thick, not too thin slices of good quality bread, I usually prefer Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse White
- 1 slice of Cheddar and 1 slice of Mozzarella
- generous amount of butter
- a drizzle of olive oil for the frying pan

Method:

- Butter generously one side of each slice of bread
- Heat small amount of olive oil in frying pan until hot and swirled over surface of pan
- Place one slice of bread, buttered side down, in pan, and turn the heat down to medium heat
- Stack the slices of cheese on bread
- Place second slice of bread on top of cheese, buttered side up
- Cook over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes or until bottom slice is a golden-brown color
- Flip sandwich over and cook until other side is golden-brown
- If cheese is not melted when both sides of bread are golden, turn heat down to low and cover frying pan, let cook for another few minutes until cheese is melted to your satisfaction but top and bottom are still crunchy
- Remove sandwich out of the pan and onto cutting board and cut into two triangles
- Slide two halves of sandwich onto plate
- At this point, I prefer to add a touch of sea salt onto the sandwich
- Eat while still hot

Enjoy!