7 Songs From 'Grey's Anatomy' That Will Make You IMMEDIATELY Want To Rewatch It

Let's be real, it should be called Chasing Tears, not "Chasing Cars."

828
ABC

"Grey's Anatomy" has blessed our television screens for 16, going on 17, years. It has made us cry, smile, and scream. It has shown us what love is and is not. It has taught us about family, friendship, and hope. "Grey's Anatomy" has been a big part of a lot of people's lives, and like most things, music helps brings us back to life's most poignant moments.

Those moments when we cried, and we need to remind ourselves why.

Those moments when we smiled and cheered, and we need a pick-me-up.

Those moments that broke our hearts and chewed them up, but they were so powerful, we need to remember them.

And since "Grey's Anatomy" has one of the most heart-wrenching, heart-warming, heart-fluttering soundtracks in the history of television, the best way to reminisce about this amazing show and all of its powerful lessons and moments is to listen to the songs that defined those scenes.

These seven songs will bring you back to the earlier Grey's days, and I can guarantee you'll be logging into Netflix before you even finish the playlist to rewatch all 16 seasons...

*Disclaimer: Expect spoilers...*

1. "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol

Christina Yang

Yang pretty much sums up my emotions when I hear this song. "Chasing Cars" is definitely the "Grey's Anatomy" song, and they seem to play it in nearly every death scene. Listening to this song will 100 percent make you cry, BUT it will also remind you of how powerful the show is and how talented the actors all are.

I know, you're already looking for the remote to turn on Netflix just at the mention of this song...

2. "Keep Me Warm" by Ida Maria

One of my ALL-TIME favorite MerDer moments was Meredith's candle house for Derek. It was so beautiful and heart-warming, and as I listen to "Keep Me Warm," it takes me back to this moment.

The love they had for each other was so rare, and I catch myself daydreaming about that love as this song swims through my ears.

3. "Where Does The Good Go" by Tegan and Sara

Christina Yang and Meredith Grey

One of the happier "Grey's Anatomy" songs that will definitely have you up and dancing just like Meredith and Christina. However, about halfway through, you'll probably remember this was the song that played when Christina said goodbye. Dance through those tears, though, and remember how happy Christina is now!

4. "All I Want" by Kodaline

Mark Sloan

So, I'm sure at this point you're an emotional mess and trying to decide if you're going to rewatch from the beginning or start with your favorite episode, but STICK WITH ME.

Especially with this song - "All I Want" is one of my all-time favorite songs in general, nonetheless in the show. However, it packs a powerful punch when you remember it played when Mark Sloan died... One of the top three saddest deaths on "Grey's Anatomy," no doubt. At least he can be with Lexie now, though.

5. "In My Veins" by Andrew Belle

Miranda Bailey Greys Anatomy

"In My Veins" played during, what I consider to be, one of the best "Grey's Anatomy" episodes to date - 6x24 "Death and All His Friends." The acting was superb. The storyline was emotional and intense. And the soundtrack... just WOW. This song always takes me back to that emotional episode, and let's just say, the tears flow like a waterfall!

6. "Turn To Stone" by Ingrid Michaelson

alex and izzie

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but Alex and Izzie are one of my favorite "Grey's Anatomy" couples. Their wedding was stunning and filled with so much love and happiness that they both deserved. And this song playing in the background made it even more beautiful.

Every time I hear "Turn To Stone," I smile. It's one of those songs that remind you of happier times on the show.

10/10 recommend watching this episode first if you're not going to start rewatching from the beginning!

7. "How To Save A Life" by The Fray

derek shepherd it's a beautiful night to save lives

Another "Grey's Anatomy" classic - this song has played in commercials, during surgeries, and was even the title of McDreamy's infamous final episode. It will get you all up in your feels, but nothing can remind you more of this life-changing show than the The Fray's iconic "How To Save A Life."

Now that we're all emotional, and have already gathered our box of tissues and gallon of ice cream, I think it's time to cry, smile, and learn alongside our favorite characters once again.