Every Grey's Anatomy fan remembers the moment Meredith proclaimed her love for Derek with the infamous line, "Pick me, choose me, love me."
While this moment is iconic and officially secured MerDer fans, it's honestly the most pathetic Meredith has looked throughout the entire series. She is literally begging a married man to divorce his wife because she's desperately in love with him. Granted, she realizes how crazy she sounds, but that doesn't change how unhealthy this is. There are plenty more positive quotes from our favorite Grey Sloan Memorial doctors that we should be recognizing. Here are 10 of my favorites examples:
1. "Oh, screw beautiful. I'm brilliant!" - Cristina Yang
Season 7, Episode 17: Cristina flirts with Owen while also affirming what we all already know about her.
2. "Handle it? I'm a frickin' warrior queen." - Jo Wilson
Season 14, Episode 1: After joking with a 7-year-old patient that thinks Jo looks like a superhero character, Jo assures Alex that she's ready to perform a surgery on the boy.
3. "You are a powerful woman, and you know your own mind." -Miranda Bailey
Season 14, Episode 2: Miranda reminds Jo that she can feel however she wants after the fight between Alex and Andrew.
4. "I go a little dark and twisty, but then I come back." -Meredith Grey
Season 13, Episode 9: Meredith tells Amelia how she copes with Derek's death.
5. "Shout your answers. Make yourself heard. Whatever it takes, just find your voice." -Meredith Grey
Season 12, Episode 9: Meredith wraps up the episode in which she got attacked by a patient with her voiceover.
6. "Being aware of your crap and actually overcoming your crap are two very different things." -Cristina Yang
Season 4, Episode 6: Cristina gives Meredith some of her amazing life advice.
7. "You did a terrible thing. It doesn't mean you're a terrible person." -Miranda Bailey
Season 8, Episode 18: Miranda reassures Owen about his relationship with Cristina.
8. "We're done here." -Miranda Bailey
Season 14, Episode 11: Miranda dismisses a doctor who does not believe she is having a heart attack, even though Miranda knows she is.
9. "You didn't love her because you don't destroy the person that you love." -Callie Torres
Season 4, Episode 4: Callie tells off a patient who tries to abandon his girlfriend that he forced to lose weight.
And the most important one of them all...
10. "You are a gifted surgeon with an extraordinary mind. Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy, but he's not the sun. You are." -Cristina Yang
Season 10, Episode 24: Cristina tells Meredith goodbye before she moves to Zurich and reminds her not to let Derek control her whole life.