To The Grandmother I'm Named After

To The Grandmother I'm Named, After But Never Got To Meet

I love you and I wish I could meet you.

608

Dear Grandma Sylvia,

This is your granddaughter Sarah. I am named after you. All my life, my father has told me about how amazing and wise you were. He loves you more than you know. I could imagine if you were alive how much fun I could've had sleeping over with Grandpa before he died.

As I became more spiritual in my teens, I wished and still wish you were alive to mentor me and help me. You would know what to do and be so wise. Perhaps we would nosh on something and we would talk. Maybe we could cook together and I would make my father proud. You are someone so incredibly strong and it inspires me to be a strong woman. You went through so much and you had an adventure.

I wish I could feel you squeeze my cheeks, and give me hugs and kisses. I would have loved for you to visit me and you could've shown me where you grew up and lived before you moved to Florida. I love how much love you had in your heart and if only the world could look that way. After every tragedy, you would comfort me and pray for peace in the world. I wish I could have met you.

As I become an adult, I want to tell you some things. I am dating someone amazing and I'm sure you would love him and probably squeeze his cheeks. I am on the path to be a nurse so I can care for others and do what's right in healthcare. College is hard and every time I want to complain or I do complain, I will think of you. G_d gave you a lot of challenges but you overcame all of them and became strong and stayed kind. One thing I won't do is go fishing, it isn't pleasant. I love you. The biggest hug and kiss.

Love,

Sarah