Cancer, You Won't Win This Fight

Cancer, You Won't Win This Fight

You're cruel and heartless, but you won't win this time.
243

Life can be unexpected. It can bring many joyful things and so much happiness, yet it can bring much sorrow and pain.

Right before Christmas, my grandmother was sick, very sick. To the point that she went to the emergency room twice.

One of the times, I had to take her to the hospital at seven in the morning, and that experience was utterly terrifying. To see someone you love so dearly in so much pain and suffering absolutely breaks your heart.

I found out later that day that my grandmother's cancer had returned, and it had spread.

I was angry, distressed and utterly heartbroken. But my grandmother is a fighter and she will keep fighting.

My grandmother is a kind, loving and gentle soul who would do anything for her family and friends.

She has beaten cancer once, and I know in my heart and soul that she can beat it again.

I'm not going to lie — it has been very hard lately; extremely hard. But my family, friends and my grandmother are going to fight this together.

Like I said, she has beaten cancer once, I know she can do it again.

Cancer is cruel; it is a truly evil sickness that has taken many good people's lives. And I pray that someday soon, scientists and doctors will find a cure to end cancer for good.

This way, no other family will have to hear the news that this terrible disease is slowly killing the person that they love.

There are a ton of treatments out there, and chemotherapy is one that can help kill the cancerous cells. But cancer is truly a hard battle...one of the hardest battles one can face, and chemotherapy can't cure everything all the time.

Cancer brings out the strength in people; it truly shows how strong of a person you are. It also proves how much support and love can help a person get through a tough time.

Cancer will not win this fight.

To my loving grandmother: keep fighting. You are so strong. You have so many people, including myself, my sisters, my mother, father, aunts and uncles who are also fighting along with you.

You've beaten this once. and I know that you can beat this again. Keep fighting; you have so many people on your side.

I love you so much, and I will see you soon.

Be the warrior that I know you are and keep fighting.