Graduation - The Big Question: What Now?

​I'm Graduating tomorrow and I don't know what I want to do with my life.

16

The big day has come. Four years have come and gone, they've flown by really. It's almost scary how fast they went. I can remember the day my family dropped me off at my first dorm room. It was unair conditioned. It was the honors dorm, so probably a strategic plan to put all the shy nerds in a building where the only cool room was the common area. I had bronchitis and I felt so gross, I only had the energy to get everything in my room and about 82 fans going before I crashed. My family dropped all my stuff off and left, so I just laid down and waited. I don't know for what.

I guess you could say I'm still waiting. Waiting for the answer, the neon sign to begin flashing the jumbled up letters in a formation that spells what I'm supposed to do with the remainder of years on this earth.

Unfortunately, and probably disappointingly, that's not the way the world works. The answers don't fall into your lap, you don't get literal signs telling you what to do.

Thankfully, though, there is someone who does have the answers. Someone you can talk to at literally anytime. You can talk to Him when you are in bed, in the shower, (because that's where the best thoughts and non-existent conversations happen, right?) on the beach, even underwater! No matter where you are, He has a willing and available ear to listen. You just have to ask.

The crazy thing is that even though He has all of the answers, so few come to Him with their questions. So few have the courage, or possibly the faith to ask. And yet, it is so simple. It doesn't even have to be a question for all the answers, it can be as simple as a request for guidance. All it takes is a little faith.

So as I sit here writing this the night before I graduate, feeling ready yet unprepared, nervous yet excited, I know I'm in good hands. Where I once was afraid of the unknown, I now find myself eager for the prospect of what God will call me to do. Where He will take me. How He will use me for his purpose. In times like this, it's easy to get frustrated and feel like giving up, but during this time of not knowing, it's more important to look to God, to seek His guidance. Why not speak to the knower of all when you feel like you know nothing? Why not speak to the maker of all plans, when you feel like you have no plans?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's okay to not know. And when you don't know, you should seek the one who does know. This all may just be because of how I feel right now, but I hope that you find comfort in it, because He is who we all should find comfort in. And now, I am signing out. I hope to continue writing, but how crazy is it that this is my last blog as an undergraduate?! So peace out and Go Buffs!