14 Graduation Cap Ideas For Every Harry Potter Nerd

All was well.

2377
Warner Bros. Pictures

With graduation just a few short months away, it's time to start planning how we will decorate the tops of our heads. There are so many genius grad cap ideas out there, but as a Harry Potter nerd, I had to look into just a few insanely creative caps for all the witches, wizards, muggles or those who just didn't get their Hogwarts letter.

1. The girl who graduated

The simplicity of this one is beautiful. Not to mention the detail in the Deathly Hallows symbol. And incorporating the diploma as the wand? Don't even get me started.

2. Life opens at the close

One of the most iconic moments in the Harry Potter series: when Harry discovers he nearly swallowed the first snitch he ever caught. This creative cap perfectly combines the real world, Harry Potter, and college graduation. The real world is about to begin. Life begins as the college chapter closes.

3. Mischief managed

The incorporation of animals and the tie to veterinary medicine on this cap is brilliant! Major props to the creator of this one.

4. Mischief managed (part 2)

Because honestly, this beautiful design deserves so much attention. If you're able to draw your campus and incorporate the footprints and map, well done!

5. Painting

If you've got amazing artistic abilities like this creator does, please use it! Put those painting and drawing skills to use! You made it to graduation, maybe not from Hogwarts, but you still made it!

6. Master has given Dobby a diploma!

When I first started thinking about Harry Potter themed graduation caps, this was the first thing I thought of. After four years at the same institution, we're finally free! A sock is to Dobby as a diploma is to us!

7. ...But I do!

If you're a Harry Potter nerd and you happen to be graduating with a Master's, I hope you'll take advantage of this amazingly creative graduation cap! You worked pretty hard to earn that degree, might as well show it off.

8. Let us step into the night...

If you're one of those souls that loves a good quote, this one is for you. Not only is this design beautifully done, the quote really does tie it all in.

9. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

For all the rebels out there. For all the ones who put up a fight throughout your time in college. For those of you who are graduating with a cause and we'll definitely be hearing your name.

10. It is our choices...

Here's another one for all your quote gurus. This is another one that works perfectly as we graduate from college. It's all about the choices we make throughout our education that will show us who we truly are. We've discovered so much about ourselves throughout college. Here's to the next chapter.

11. Because Hogwarts didn't accept FAFSA

This one goes out to all you folks who were bummed to find out that Hogwarts wouldn't accept financial aid. To all of you forced to attend some muggle institution instead because Hogwarts wasn't looking likely.

12. Don't let the muggles get you down

Despite having to deal with four years surrounded by muggles, hopefully, you didn't let that get your spirits down.

13. All was well

A beautiful tie between the Harry Potter world and a sunflower paradise. If you don't want to go too overboard with the Harry Potter theme, this one is perfect.

14. All was well (part 2)

A combination of artistic, a perfect quote and wonderful way to sum up college. There are a thousand different ways to talk about being done with college, but overall, all is well now that you've made it through.

Congratulations to the class of 2018! If you've got any Harry Potter graduation caps, I'd love to see them!