I Interviewed My Best Friend About Her COVID-19 Experience, And It Made Me More Appreciative

We have all been through so much with COVID and no one goes unappreciated.

96659
https://torteenblog.com/2018/06/04/announcing-best-friends-week/

I spoke to my best friend, a class of 2020 senior at Neshaminy High School, and I truly learned how people aside from myself felt about the pandemic that ended the senior year so quickly.

1. What's it been like spending your last semester under quarantine amidst the coronavirus pandemic?

It was very boring and annoying. I couldn't learn the way I normally did and that was very hard to get through in my final year of high school.

2. Of all the things you missed out on because of quarantine, what has been the hardest to accept?

Regular graduation or saying goodbye to my teachers was the hardest part of everything I have been through this year so far.

3. What has been a silver lining?

Being able to still get coffee and see one of my only friends home from college.

4. What have you done to make up for some of the graduation traditions you aren't able to do?

We had graduation, but it was a small one and it everyone went at different times. We also got to take pictures, but away from everyone else.

5. What are your next steps, and have they been impacted by coronavirus?

I am still going to college. The only thing that changes because of this is that my classes are done from home and not in person.

6. What is the worst thing someone can say to a Class of 2020 graduate?

The worst thing someone could say is that "you shouldn't have graduated because you never even finished the year" or "you guys don't deserve your diplomas."

7. What is one piece of advice you would love to give to the class of 2021?

Online school isn't as bad as you think, it just takes time to get used to.

8. What about the last few months do you think you'll remember most?

The one thing that will stay in my memory from the last few months I had in high school was my Gym Night. It was so much fun and it will always go down as one of my favorites nights in high school.

9. Do you think you personally have changed because of this pandemic?

Yes, I have become lazier with everything I do, but I need to change that because being lazy is not something I am used to being.