If You're Graduating College Without A Job Offer, Read This
Graduation

To The College Student Graduating Without A Job Offer, Rejection Is Part Of The Process

Keep your head up. Stay optimistic. Everything happens for a reason.

160
Maddy Whitfield

To the Graduating College Student Who Doesn't Have a Post-Grad Job Yet,

I know exactly how you're feeling right now. All your friends are securing their first post-graduation job and you have nothing yet. If you're like me, you probably feel a little bit worthless and unwanted. You keep applying to jobs, re-touching up your resume and Curriculum Vitae, and writing cover letter after cover letter in the hopes that someone, anyone will take you and your talents.

(And you ARE talented... you're graduating with a degree. Don't forget that.)

It's something that you can't avoid either. Almost every day, there's a new post on Facebook that's starting with, "I'm so excited to announce that I got hired at *insert boujee company here.*" You want to be excited for your friends and you are genuinely happy for them but to be honest, it's frustrating and hard when you are sitting there empty-handed. Just this morning, I got another "thanks but no thanks" notification from one of the 32+ jobs that I applied for. Rejection is part of the process and I guarantee that both you and I will be rejected many more times.

You just have to keep reminding yourself that you WILL get a job. Things like this doesn't just happen overnight. Also, you are not alone in this...there are a million other graduating college seniors that are still jobless. I have friends who graduated last year and they still are struggling to find work that fits their major. So, while it may seem like you're the only one who's going through this annoyingly stressful process, you AREN'T.

Keep applying for jobs. Keep your head up. Stay optimistic. Everything happens for a reason. There will be an employer who will see all your potential and will hire you. Keep working for your goals and you reap the benefits one day. Remember that people like Oprah, Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates all started at the bottom. It was because they stayed focused and dedicated to themselves and their goals that they were able to reach their success.

Sure, you may have to start out by waiting tables or work in a job that isn't ideal but it's a small stepping stone to your future success. It's going to be an uphill climb but you will be alright. Everyone usually always ends up fine, in the end, no matter how down in the dumps they are on the journey. Just never give up. It sounds cliche but it's so true...if you give up then you will never find the success you wanted and you will never be truly happy. You have only one life so you have to make it a good one. That means you have to balance your passions in with a job that will keep you wanting to continue in your field of work and to keep doing better.

You WILL succeed.