GPA Doesn't Matter In Heaven

GPA Doesn't Matter In Heaven

The number doesn't define you.

271
GPA Doesn't Matter In Heaven
Abby Pursley

We've all said it. When we're trying to explain our grades to our parents or convince ourselves that studying is overrated. We say it until we're blue in the face that "GPA doesn't matter in Heaven". And while we all know that that is completely true, we still find ourselves pulling all nighters, not eating, and having mental breakdowns in between classes because we're so freaked out. Mom, I know you're reading this, so don't worry, I know GPA is important! But what I'm saying is that it doesn't define you. It shouldn't consume you and control you the way we are letting it.

You are a child of God. And with that, there is nothing better. Not even a 4.0, while super impressive so good job, can top the fact that you are a child of God and He has chosen you.

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."

Colossians 3:1-3

GPA is earthly. God, is eternal. Stop prioritizing your earthly wants and desires before God's wants and desires for your life.

"I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world"

John 16:33

Don't be afraid. While you seem to be drowning in school work, have peace and know that Jesus conquered it all. Have peace because no matter how down you feel or how stressed out you are, Jesus is fighting for you and is fighting your battles right beside you. There will be peace and the struggling will end.

So remember, you are so much more than a number. You are so much more than a letter grade. And you are so much more than that test grade. So study your butt off (in a healthy manner), give it your best, and know that you are not defined by that GPA. God doesn't care if that 3.7 turns into a 3.8 or even if it drops to a 3.0.