I Finished Gossip Girl For The First Time And I'm Obsessed

I'm honestly not ready for a world other than the Upper East Side and I'm already considering bingeing it again.

71
https://www.allposters.com/-sp/Spectrum-Posters_i8719010_.htm

Growing up, I never paid attention to the 2000s teen shows like "One Tree Hill" and "Dawson's Creek;" Because I wasn't a teen! I was still stuck on the substance that is (or was) Disney Channel (in its prime, I might add). However, in my recent years of moving through high school and, now, college, I've binged OTH so many times that I can consider myself a diehard fan and I actually refer to it as OTH, as if everyone under the sun knows what I'm referring to; And Gilmore Girls is my drug of choice when it comes to a show that makes me feel at home.

Recently, however, I have officially finished all six seasons of Gossip Girl...and I'm not ready for the real world. Okay, yes I love the world I live in and my season of life (college). I just mean I'm not ready to move on from the show and I'm definitely considering bingeing it again. If I'm honest, it took me over two years to actually complete the entire thing. Now, I can binge all nine seasons of OTH in less than two months, so it's not a matter of the show simply taking that long to get through. It's the fact that I experienced a "slump" right in the middle of watching it.

Apparently, quite a few of my fellow TV show fanatics have experienced this, where they grow tired with a show because they've been watching that and only that for so long. So I took a break...okay, it was a year-and-a-half, but so what? Anyways, I came back to it this past fall and was absolutely hooked yet again. My GG slump was over! And I can honestly say that I'm glad I took a break from watching it because I was actually able to appreciate it more, and to connect with it more now that I'm an adult and not a preteen or teen.

So, what are my opinions concerning Gossip Girl characters and cast, you ask?

Okay, so I love Dan and Serena, although I don't like Dan as much as I did in the earlier seasons. To be honest, he kind of turned into a tool. Chuck and Blair will always be endgame. Dorota is the maid/personal assistant everyone wants. Little Jenny Humphrey actually ended up more likable than Vanessa Abrams, which I didn't see coming. I still want Blair and Serena's wardrobe. And Nate could've gone a bit lighter on the number of flings he had. But that's just my opinion.

As far as casting, I think that all the actors were perfect for their roles and I couldn't picture anyone else playing my favorite group of misbehaving rich kids on the Upper East Side. However, Blake Lively has always been a queen and she's still my favorite actress involved in the program. Her fashion choices in real life and her choice in a husband are GOALS.

However, concerning the books and the TV show, I have a different opinion than I thought I would, considering what my English major persona would've predicted. I actually like the show better than the books! Okay, so I've only read the first book, but between the neverending use of the f-word and just the fact that nothing truly entertaining happened, I stick by the fact that the show is just better.

It's the drama, the fashion, the romance, and the scenery that got me hooked on the show, and it was an ending that I didn't see coming. The only thing I would change about the show would be adding episodes to the last season, so it's not just ten episodes. That way, things feel wrapped up better and not as hastily put together. I would've liked to have seen more of the wedding and of all the characters' lives in the future.

Now, I'm going back to my Netflix account to spend a bit more time in my favorite city on the East coast.

You know you love me, xoxo.