If I had a narrator for finals time, I would like to think that it would sound a lot like Gossip Girl. No, I don’t live in the Upper East Side, but finals are just about as dramatic and high-stakes as it gets. One wrong move and suddenly everyone is talking about you. Spotted: pathetic college drop-out with no promising future. Here are some quotes that seem to perfectly describe that stressful time of the semester that we can’t wait to end.
1. "One thing about being on the top of the world: It gives you a long, long way to fall."
Yes, GG. Please, don’t remind me.
2. "Here's my advice. Have a little faith, and if that doesn't work, have a lot of mimosas."
Basically, try to fake it until you make it…and drink of a lot of orange juice mixed with champagne. Did I get that right, Blair?
3. "Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to get drunk enough to make you all seem interesting."
*Me to my textbooks*
4. "Life with you could never be boring."
When you need the motivation to get that degree.
5. "What I want is to become a powerful woman."
Thank you, Blair, for reminding me why I came to college in the first place.
6. "I'll find another way to save my family legacy. One that doesn't involve you."
*Me to the diploma I’ll never get.*
7. "I don’t need friends. I need more champagne."
When you realize that you haven’t had plans with friends in what seems like centuries.
8. "Great leaders only need three hours of sleep!"
After pulling an almost all-nighter, Blair can remind you why it’s worth not sleeping.
9. "This is real life, not some Hollywood chick flick where a girl with a scrunchie gets a makeover and triumphs in the end."
When someone tries to say you’re stressing over nothing.
10. "Just because we can’t be friends doesn’t mean we aren't."
When you’re trying to schmooze your professor into curving your grade.
11. "I would never sacrifice my academic career."
A mantra from the ever so lovely Serena.
12. "This isn't Congress. Accomplish something!"
When you’ve been procrastinating for far too long.
13. "A man with nothing to live for is capable of everything."
When failing out of college is looking more and more inevitable.
14. "Sometimes, you need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be."
Gossip Girl knows exactly the motivation we need to make it through finals.
Well, college students, you know you love me.