Saying Goodbye To Terrible Twenties
Dating

Saying Goodbye To My 'Terrible Twenties'

I would not be the woman I am without my twenties, but I am not going to miss them.

340

In less than seven days, I will be bidding farewell to my twenties. They have given me one hell of a ride. I approach this new milestone in my life with a mixture of excitement and anxiety. I wonder what my thirties will bring me in my life, the good, the bad and the ugly. Honestly, I am sometimes amazed that I even made it this far in my life.

When my twenties started, I was a different person. I had at that point no real relationship experience. I was still in more of a working girl mode and did not make a relationship with anyone else any priority. Then a relationship found me within a month of my twentieth birthday. It was its fair share of ups and downs. It lasted almost three years when it probably should have ended months sooner. Regardless, it did change me both inside and out.

As my twenties continued, I went through an insane roller coaster with lots of loops. I went on a couple of dates with some guys from dating apps, but nothing came to fruition. I was also struggling to figure out what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Although to be honest, I am still trying to figure that one out.

I earned my associate's degree in education in 2009 but made no use of it. In 2018, I received my bachelor's degree in general studies with an information technology concentration. I still have yet to have anything come out of it career-wise, but I hope that will change in my thirties.

I used to want to be a teacher, but I do not want to pursue that career path anymore. I did a training program to become a pharmacy technician and did that for a few years, and now work as a retail assistant manager until I figure something else out.

I have only very recently reentered the dating scene and have allowed a special someone to enter my life as more than a friend. I am not sure what will become of it, but I look forward to embarking on this adventure and seeing where it does.

To my twenties, you may not have been the best to me, but you have certainly not been the worst to me. I bid you farewell. Here is to the next chapter in my life and whatever it will bring.