Goodbye Now Doesn't Mean Goodbye Forever
popular

The beautiful thing about life is that if two are destined to become one, nothing will stand in the way.

1228
Randi Chastain

We’ve all been there. The break-up that we knew would eventually break us. The non-stop tears we thought would never end. The nightmares that felt completely realistic and would leave you gasping for another breath. Each one of us has been through this cycle of life and I can promise you, your life has many more to go. This won’t be the last time you experience heartbreak. It is how you choose to put the pieces back together, that matters.

You and your first love just ended a relationship, the same relationship you, at one time, envisioned so much for. The white picket fence you’ve always wanted, turning a house into a home, having children and so forth. As if the conversation, which resulted in the end of a union, wasn’t enough to break you, you then deal with the reality of saying goodbye to the very person who holds every ounce of you.

Once the breaking begins, you notice yourself falling into a dark place. The place of no return as you begin to spiral out of control. You said goodbye to your best friend, the person you believed you were meant to grow old with and the one person you put much faith into. What we don’t realize during these moments is that goodbye doesn’t have to mean forever. Hard to believe, I get it. Our brains only see the destruction of what is taking place in the current moment. It's not capable of being able to rationalize the idea that this doesn’t have to be the final ending of your story. Goodbye can truly mean, goodbye for now.

Not everyone who meets is destined for a future. God brings two people together, perhaps for a beautiful purpose or as a learning experience. The beautiful thing about life is that if two are destined to become one, nothing will stand in the way. With this in mind, be open to new experiences during this phase of your life. Allow yourself not to become shut off from the good on the outside but open-minded to what God has in store for you. His plan for your life will always outweigh the plan you once had for yourself. Hand over the reins to our higher power and allow Him to lead, as He should.