Goodbye Long Island

Goodbye Long Island

The things i'll miss about home.

51
Goodbye Long Island
google

School starts soon, which for me means goodbye Long Island and hello Massachusetts. Mass. has the things that make it an amazing place, but nothing can compete with the things that you can only get at home. While I will miss my family, friends, and the fact that I don't have to go to class at eight AM in the morning every other day, there are a few things that i'll miss just as much as them, if not more at times. No offense.

The food.

Pizza, bagels, and egg and cheese. There's nothing like waking up in the morning to fresh bagels that your mom went to get at your favorite bagel place. Or when you're too lazy to make dinner, there's always the greasy pizza that your hometown thrives on. Even though there are pizza and bagels there, we all know New York has the best.

The people.

In New York, many people keep to themselves when walking the street or just going about their daily lives. In Mass. many people try to start conversations that I never asked to be in or planned to start. Not that I want to be rude but after keeping to myself a lot, talking to strangers on the street is not my cup of tea.

The beaches.

The sand, the seagulls, and the concerts. Jones Beach was the place that many summers were spent and many sandcastles were made. The concerts were always watched from up above with the sun setting around you on the water. Jones Beach was renamed Jonas Beach, and whoever was playing would have their music echoing across the beach.

The city.

There's nothing like going to city to see a show, to go to certain stores, or just to walk around and spend the day doing something you normally wouldn't do.Taking an hour tops to go somewhere with so many unique things to do is hardly a hassle. You can remember the stops all the way to Penn Station like it's the back of your hand. Also, seeing the amount of tourists wondering the streets can be the funniest thing.

The east.

Going out east is something that everyone from Long Island has gone to before. The memories of picking pumpkins, going on hayrides or seeing The Big Duck. Going out east is something you can do all year round with friends, family, or someone you know that's visiting.

The hometown restaurants.

There's nothing that can compare to a Ralph's Italian Ice or an All American burger. While yes, Massachusetts has it's good restaurants like Papa Gino's and Boston Market, sometimes it can't fill the want of something you can't get for another few months when you're visiting for a holiday. Just hope it's not a seasonal restaurant.