A Goodbye Letter To The Soulmates I Found In College

"Distance makes no difference. The heart always finds its way home."

158
LifeTies

Never again will our friendship be this effortless- your rooms just a few feet away from mine or your houses around the block. Say goodbye to binge watching Netflix shows, pulling all-nighters, and going on McDonald’s runs at 2 a.m. I will miss you- my second family, my sisters, my biggest supporters, my friends. You each have shaped me into the woman I am today.

As graduation draws near, a fear has instilled in me that life will never be the same. I envy the freshman that are just starting to create their college memories because I would give anything to go back and do it all over again with you.

You are the friends I always imagined I would have. I believe we will be a part of each other’s futures. We are going to have wild bachelorette parties. You are all going to come to my wedding. My children are going to call each of you “auntie.” And we will take “family” vacations together.

I wish I could keep things the way they are going- but I can’t. Welcome to adulthood, the real word, whatever you’d like to call it. It’s a new world without you girls standing by my side and never has silence seemed so loud.

Time is going to pass and getting together is going to become a challenge. We’ll soon be pulled apart, but in a this is life kind of way. It’s not because our love will fade, it’s because time has a way of moving so quickly that we won’t realize it.

We’ll plan to meet up for happy hours or plan a girl’s night out, but soon our busy schedules and families will consume any free time we may have. Life will get in the way, as most people say, and our visits will be more sporadic. We will get to the point that coming together for special occasions is even a rarity.

Although we will not talk to each other every day, I promise to try my best to stay in touch as much as I can. I hope that we can all agree that this is going to be a group effort and it will only work if we all do our part. Our friendship is easy now, but once we leave this campus, it is going to be put to the test. If there’s ever a time when we don’t stay in touch, promise to tag me in Timehop posts, so we can relive our glory days at the Ville.

Each one of you has left your mark on me and my college memories include all of you. When we come back for reunion, campus will not look and feel the same. Hopefully, there will be new buildings and updates throughout campus and maybe the caff will even have better food! But none of that will matter because the campus we know and only will only exist in our memories. The most perfect campus is one where I can remember us on it. Our last four years will always be here, no matter where life takes us. I am so thankful that our paths were destined to cross the minute we stepped onto this campus.

Thank you to our orientation leaders, who assigned us to be in the same orientation groups in the summer of 2013. Thank you to Residence Life, for making us neighbors/roommates by chance our freshman year. Thank you Billiards, for being the home of our first crazy night out. Our #squad was obviously meant to be.

I love you all.