Goodbye Entitlement and Welcome 2018

Goodbye Entitlement and Welcome 2018

Cheers to our year of personal growth, development, and capabilities!

104
Goodbye Entitlement and Welcome 2018

With the new year fast approaching, individuals are looking for inspiration in the madness of the events to come. The wishes proposed within the society that we endure varies greatly. A miscellaneous few are hoping to lose weight and have that slim figure they grew up begging for as they stared in the mirror. Others desire a love like the one's featured in all of the Valentine's day or Hallmark movies they grew up adoring. Everyone craves the one aspect that they feel has always been missing from their lives. They run towards it. Although, not many will achieve their goal within the upcoming year.

At this point, you may be calling me the scrooge or wondering why I present this argument with a negative outcome. Please let me explain. In today's society, we are all searching for the quickest response or fastest result to yield our wishes. Ultimately, this is not the way in which the world works.

The environment around us is founded off the ideals that we fight to the tooth and nail for what we desire. We cannot just be handed our aspirations, because then our enjoyment of them would be short-lived. The appreciation we now feel when we lose a pound or get the job we worked our butts of for would disappear. Nothing would be able to reciprocate that feeling. Therefore, we would wander around our whole lives being handed anything and everything we ask for and be left with the feeling of isolation. Temporary happiness would befriend us, but its impression briefer than a snowflake during the first snowfall.

I strongly hold the opinion that everyone holds the capacity to achieve their ambitions this holiday season. However, before they progress to do so, it is important to understand that the path to our desires is not a 200-yard dash, but a marathon. The end is not always within sight, but just over the boundary of visibility. Because of this, it is crucial to keep with ambitions and not lose sight of the goal itself! More often than not, it is as the objective is within reach, that individuals give up due to the progression in time and the lack of results. Whenever this occurs, it is most important to fight even harder - to dedicate every ounce of our beings to the cause.

Trust me, I am no different than the mass of individuals who use this time of year as a fresh start. I hold high expectations for myself and often limit the progress I see to a short-lived span of time. I do not allow myself the time to transform into the individual that I wish to become. Furthermore, I get upset with myself when I cannot reciprocate the results I visualize in my head into the real world. My point with this is to aid in the development of your goals this upcoming year and further. When we stop constraining and doubting ourselves, the possibilities of our lives begin to appear endless. Overall, this is a lesson that we will have to learn overtime and more likely than not, endless amounts of time. This next year of 2018, grant yourself the ability of progression. If so, the capabilities that we possess will expand to reflect the vision board that we have spent copious quantities of time building upon in our minds. Dedicate 2018 to becoming a better you, the you that you have always wished to become. With positive energy and belief in yourself, this year will demonstrate the ambitions that you hold dear to your heart. This year will become your vision board!