What Makes A Good TV Show?

What Makes A Good TV Show?

10 things to look for in a television show.
3515

Over the years and with the access to Netflix I have been able to watch a variety of television shows. Growing up my family rarely had cable TV. We would often borrow DVDs from the library. We also owned "Friends," "Gilmore Girls," and "Dawson’s Creek." From that I have developed an interest in shows that demonstrate that similar friend group. Shows like "How I Met Your Mother" and "New Girl" provide that friend dynamic that is very comedic. I enjoy laughing. I went through a phase of watching stand-up comedy on Netflix. From here I was introduced to Netflix originals that have become increasingly popular. I watched Aziz Ansari "Master of None," which showed examples of his comedy in a television show format similar to Louis CK's "Louie." "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" is a Netflix Original series that is extremely unique in its plot. I have also enjoyed watching shows that are more serious. "Grey’s Anatomy" provides its audience with a lot of suspense. Shows like "Gossip Girl" are more socially dramatic. I like crime shows like "Dexter." I watched "Chuck," which is a series about spies. Another popular trend seen in entertainment is the revitalization of superheroes. I liked watching "Heroes" growing up. Out of the superheroes series that have been introduced I am fond of "Flash." These are some of the qualities that I think make a good TV series...

1. A good television show starts with good characters. ("Friends")

2. They contain a dynamic friend group. ("How I Met Your Mother")

3.They make you feel like a connected member. ("Modern Family")

4. You fight for the hero and support their development. ("Flash")

5. The show has a love that inspires you and forces you to make hard decisions. ("Dawson’s Creek")

6. You see their growth and encourage their maturing. ("Gilmore Girls")

7. They provide you with crazy drama that shocks your life. ("Gossip Girl")

8. They cause you pain and heartbreak. ("Grey’s Anatomy")

9. But then they can cause you to laugh hysterically. ("New Girl")

10. And the best are the shows you can quote and relate to with every situation, the ones you have seen over and over again. These are the shows that get you hooked...