7 Of My Favorite Prayers
Religion

7 Of My Favorite Prayers

Great prayers for when you just want to focus or need help.

1321
7 Of My Favorite Prayers

Prayer is a way that I like to engage with my faith. However, prayer isn't just about asking for help. Sometimes it can be about focusing and connecting with God or just taking a moment to reflect on your day. Here are 7 of my favorite prayers to recite in no particular order!

1. Prayer to Saint Michael

upload.wikimedia.org

"Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen."

I personally love this prayer for whenever I am anxious or fearful.

2. Unfailing Prayer to Saint Anthony

cdn.pixabay.com

"O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to obtain for me (request). O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen."

The prayer to Saint Anthony is another prayer I like to use when I'm stressed.

3. Act of Contrition

upload.wikimedia.org

"My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy."

There are multiple versions of this prayer, but I think this one is the easiest to memorize. Whenever I feel as though I have failed in my commitments to God, I say this prayer and try to focus on strengthening my relationship with God through repentance.

4. Hail Mary

upload.wikimedia.org

"Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen."

The power of the Hail Mary is great. I love this prayer because I use it to meditate, when I am stressed, and to glorify the miracle of Christ's birth. It is also important to emphasize that this prayer is even better for strengthening your connection to God when praying the Rosary.

5. Glory Be

upload.wikimedia.org

"Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen."

A simple prayer to have in your repertoire, it is always important to recognize the glory of God. This prayer is important to me because it helps me to meditate on his absolute power and how we need to show glory and thanks to God.

6. The Prayer to Saint Jude

upload.wikimedia.org

"O most holy apostle, Saint Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honoureth and invoketh thee universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, and of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, who am so miserable. Make use, I implore thee, of that particular privilege accorded to thee, to bring visible and speedy help where help was almost despaired of. Come to mine assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolation and succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with thee and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise thee, O blessed Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favour,
to always honour thee as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to thee. Amen."

I love this prayer because it helps to strengthen my faith in my times of need.

7. The Our Father

upload.wikimedia.org

"Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen."

The Our Father is an important prayer because it reminds me about important parts of my faith. It also helps me to meditate on my relationship with God, themes of forgiveness, avoiding temptation, and partaking in the the sacrament of Holy Communion. It is indeed powerful and central to my faith.

And so, with that, I hope you enjoyed these prayers! Some of them you might already know, but I hope you can find new ways to incorporate them into your prayer life. God bless.