To The Lady Who Paid For My Meal

To The Lady Who Paid For My Meal

Good people do still exist.

24
To The Lady Who Paid For My Meal

Dear lady who paid for my meal.

I ran through the drive through the other day in a rush to get to work. I pulled up to the window and ordered the cheapest thing I could possibly find. I started to scrounge through change in my coin cup as I pulled to the first window. As I sorted through my dimes and nickels I looked up at the lady working the cash register. She handed me a receipt, and said “The lady in front of you paid for your meal sweetie, and she told me to tell you to have a blessed day”. I looked at her in disbelief as I took my receipt and pulled to the second window. When I got my food, I pulled over in a parking space and just started crying. I was having such a bad morning and I was just trying to make it until pay day. It was in the moment that I realized that good people still exist. In a world, full of negativity some one cared enough to bless a complete and total stranger with a meal. I was so overwhelmed with emotions. I needed that. Not so much the paying for my meal part, but the random act of kindness part. Every day it seems that I deal with people who get more and more rude second by second, and no matter my efforts I seem to get the short end of the stick. It’s nice to know that good people still exist. To the lady who paid for my meal, thank you. I needed it more than you know.