Good Music, Good Vibrations

Good Music, Good Vibrations

Live music is always a feast for the ears.

17
Good Music, Good Vibrations

Concerts make for great opportunities to learn something new or to simply enjoy one's self. Live music is great for bringing people together and overall a wonderful experience. Friday October fourteenth Devour the Day, Sick Puppies, and Skillet performed in PA. All three groups are phenomenal groups to listen to both recorded and live. There's just something fundamentally different about listening and watching live music.

There's the thrill of being surrounded by people who share the same love of music that you do. Everyone buzzing off of the energy the band gives off and feeding it back in an endless loop. The bass that thrums through you and almost seems to control your the flow of breath from your body. It is an amazing experience to watch musicians ply their craft. It is made even better when they ask the audience to share and join in, as Skillet did. They encouraged the audience to sing along if they knew the words, though some may have sang even if they did not.

Live music is not perfect, and it's really not meant to be. Yet, that's one of the main excuses made when people refuse to attend concerts. They're afraid the band will make a mistake. Music is about having fun and expressing something.Love, hate, pain, joy, and any number of other things or emotions. It can bring any number of people together who wouldn't interact under normal circumstances. Skillet's stop in PA did just that. People of all ages and demographics turned out to see them, and it was a great experience. I encourage everyone to attend at least one live music event from their favorite band. You may walk away having met some interesting people.