Golf Is The Game Of Life, And Tiger Woods Is Proof Of That

Time to get emotional, y'all.

84

2019 will always be about the return of Tiger Woods after he won the Masters. A 43-year-old that went through the highest of highs, the lowest of lows, and came out a better man because of it. When he won the Masters, Jim Nantz called it one of the most iconic moments in all of sports history: "The Return To Glory." However, I am writing this article after the 2nd round of the PGA Championship, a tournament in which Tiger missed the cut by one shot.

Our expectations of him are now through the roof. We expected him to dominate as he did in the 2000s, but unfortunately, we were spoiled. The Masters win, although great, we still need to keep our expectations at bay. A 43-year-old with a fused back trying to a play PGA Tour schedule is still a difficult thing to do, nevertheless. A win followed by a missed cut is something none of us want to have. Granted, if you were to ask me, taking five weeks between tournaments might have been too much time off, but he was practicing and practicing. His mind looked like it was in another place, but frankly, that's okay, he is the Masters champion after all.

This proved that golf really is the game of life. There are times when you feel on top of the world, and there are times when the world is on top of you, but the beauty of the game is that it's never really over. From the feeling of dominance to having a feeling of inadequacy, golf can you make you feel all sorts of feelings. However, although the goal of this game is to get it in the least amount of strokes as possible, the ability to never quit might as well be the 2nd rule added to this game of life.

Tiger, I would like to thank you. You not only proved that by never giving up, having grit, and believing in yourself can make you succeed, but being positive in a period of not being in the greatest of situations can make up for the lack thereof someone's greatness. Keep grinding always.