God's Timing Is The Perfect Timing

God's Timing Is The Perfect Timing

Most of us need a reminder that instant is not always the case and that God has a plan for us.

238
God's Timing Is The Perfect Timing

We have all wanted something to happen in our life, and when we want something really badly, we can easily become impatient. We currently live in a society where it seems everything happens instantly. Most of us need a reminder that instant is not always the case and that God has a plan for us.

As busy college students, my fiance, Bobby, and I are always planning out what we are going to do about jobs and graduating. With him studying CNC Technology and me studying Diagnostic Medical Sonography, life can get pretty hectic. We both have tons of homework just like every college student, and he has a full time job while in school. But our plans haven't always gone as planned.

I had plans to make it into the DMS program this coming fall, and Bobby had plans to graduate with his diploma at the end of this coming fall. Unfortunately, neither of those plans worked out. I got a letter stating that I needed an elective class to even be considered to be in the program even though I had previously been told I wouldn't need an elective. Because of that, I have to wait until next fall to begin my program. Bobby was informed that one of the classes he needs to graduate will not be offered this fall, so he has to wait until the end of next spring semester to graduate. Nothing we had planned is going right.

Recently something amazing happened for Bobby that opened my eyes about God's timing. Almost a month ago, Bobby was told about an amazing job opportunity for him at Mohawk. The job was perfect for him because it was exactly the job he was studying for at Mohawk. He had an interview, but he never got a call back as soon as he was expecting. He continued to work at his current job, and we continued to pray that Mohawk would give him a call back. Almost a month after his interview, he was informed that he got the job. We realized that this was God's timing.

God's timing was perfect, and it reassured us that God will never fail. Just as God had a reason for his timing towards Bobby's new job, he has a reason for his timing towards our schooling. Even though I'm not sure the reason yet, I'm sure it is a perfect one.

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

I believe that the reason we aren't supposed to know the time or dates is so we will continue to seek God in the meantime. I also believe that it makes our faith stronger because we have to trust in him and have faith in him. While Bobby waited on the phone call for his job, he continued to pray that if it is in God's plan, he would get the job. He had faith in the Lord, and because of that, he was blessed with amazing job opportunity.

Bobby's experience has taught me that God's plan will always be better than our plan. I will continue to seek God and trust in him because I know his timing is perfect.