God's Promises To The Class Of 2016

God's Promises To The Class Of 2016

Greater things have yet to come!

9
God's Promises To The Class Of 2016
Odyssey Online

After graduation what's next? I always wondered all throughout high school what it would feel like to finally have that diploma in my hand and say "I did it!" And now that moment has come and it's time to begin a life that we can each be proud of in our ways. Whether you ended graduation on a good or bad note, tomorrow is a new day and we don't have to be defined by yesterday, so now, what do we do?

The good news is that God tells us he has a hope and a future for us.

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope

1. Find a job you LOVE- During my senior year I learned what this meant and it truly changed everything for me. Work is a part of life and until I finish my education I have to find another job that I love. November of my senior I started working at a new local pharmacy called North Century Pharmacy and found that I not only loved what I did but also loved my patients and building relationships with them and my coworkers. I know for a fact God saw this as an opportunity and a stepping stone into my future. Find a job you can be passionate about and serve others through. It is a blessing to be able to show God's love through your work ethic.

2. Find someone you love!- This is easier said than done but once it does happen one thing is for sure and that is that you will know it. God describes love as patient, kind, not rude or self-seeking, and keeping no record of your wrongs. God asks that our husbands love us just as Christ loved the church and that wives will submit to love to their husbands. By both you and your significant other contributing your own share to God's kingdom your future together will begin to unfold, and going through life with God and your spouse by your side,everything gets a little easier.

3. Don't settle for anything less than your best- God never intended for you to settle where you are and accept your circumstances. One of my favorite pastors preaches on the topic of overcoming in almost every sermon. You can be that person in your family to overcome that addiction, you can be the first one in your family to graduate college, you can be the one who paves the way for future generations in your family! God wants you to follow the big dreams he has for your life. God never looked at you and said you were made to be mediocre, he made you to stand out and rise above the challenges the devil will throw your way. The devils favorite thing to say is "Wouldn't it be easier just to accept this is the best you can do?" It is our job to say NO my God created me to rise higher because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

4. Go on an adventure- I think it is important after we close one chapter that we explore what else is out there for our lives. This includes taking adventures and exploring new things, people, places, and opportunities. Whether this means actually traveling somewhere, researching your dream destination and setting a goal to one day go there, meeting new people with different backgrounds, or even taking a chance and exploring new opportunities. All of these are crucial into discovering the new plans that God has for your and your life. Sometimes it just feels good to do something new and see the opportunity in front of us.

5. Find a loving church family- No matter what you do or where you go in life God will always love you as his son or daughter. Part of developing this relationship with God is finding a loving church family who will support and back up your future. I think one of the reasons my relationship with God has been so strong is because I have a church family who holds my mistakes and my accomplishments accountable. They are there with every move I make and as you continue into your future these are the people who will hold your faith firm.

6. Most importantly love God first!- One thing I have learned throughout preparing for marriage this summer is that my relationship with God has to come first. Then my relationship with others can fall into place. Without God as my cornerstone, everything else easily falls apart. God says in his word we can't do it without him!

7. Be the person you needed- As you go throughout life be the person you needed when you were in high school to someone else. You never know who is looking up to you for advice and guidance. I know that today I look back at many of the girls I viewed as examples and now I want to be that girl to someone else, in hopes it will make things a little easier. That is what being a Christian mentor is all about.

So to the Class of 2016 its sure been a wonderful experience and I am so blessed to have gotten to know each and every one of you. I look back on so many memories both good and bad and I am so thankful for all the things that those experiences taught me and the memories I have with each of you. God is good and I pray he would bless your life because our best days haven't even come yet.

GREATER THINGS HAVE YET TO COME