Friends Come In Seasons, God's Love For You Is Everlasting

Friends Come In Seasons, But God's Love For You Is Everlasting

Put your faith in the lord, for he will never abandon you.

195

I have definitely had my ups and downs with making friends, but I have finally come to realize that friends tend to come in seasons, especially when you are going through adolescence, and that's okay. You may be best friends with a person or group of people during the school year because you may take the same classes and/or may be around them the majority of the time. But then comes summer, and or maybe a transition from elementary school to middle school, or middle school to high school. Over the summer transitions such as these can cause people to tend to lose communication with one another, and then the following school year they are not as close.

This has always been the case for me at least, except for in my case, I was always the one to reach out to people and they would not reciprocate. Reflecting on my first year in college to now I have definitely had multiple falling outs with friends and people, and the people who I thought were going to be my best friends for life now continue to ignore me whenever I try to reach out to them or simply just act like they are busy whenever I ask them to hang out, yet I always see them together anyways. This is something that has definitely worked my nerves and made me upset, but I am now in a place where I have accepted that our relationship is not going to be like how it used to be, and people make time and prioritize things that they care about.

You should never feel like you are putting all the work into your relationships, and you should never allow yourself to get worked up over things not being the way that they used to be, and people switching up on you. Just like as if you were in a relationship with a hopeful partner, true friendships require work from all parties involved. It can't be just about one person always initiating conversation or coming to the other for advice and to vent about all the things going on in their life, or just a hi and bye, to be somebody's true friend you have to dedicate time to get to know that person, and there should be a balance with each party.

When I have had my doubts about friends and people I have found myself to become very upset and second guess myself. I tend to think, "it must have been something I did", or " why does this always happen to me" and all this has done is put me into a negative headspace. We tend not to think about how things that people do which bother us, most likely are not affecting them at all, and by feeding into that negativity all you are doing is allowing those people to get the best of you.

There is only one thing in this world that I know to be true, which is that God will always have my best interest at heart. This is not just for me, but it is for everyone. No matter who may come and go in your life God will always be with you, and he has already worked up something great for you that you just haven't gotten to yet. Allow yourself to trust him and be patient, because his will is already done, and your battles have already been won. The people featured in the picture above are acquaintances that I have been fortunate to make this school year, but for the first time in my life, I feel like I am not having to force our relationship to exist. I don't know what will become of it but I know that whatever happens God is still with no matter what.

Continue to stay positive despite relationships and people that may be of concern in your life; have faith, and live loved. Your true friends will show themselves eventually, and once you find them you will never look back and dwell on the past.