God Loves You & He Likes You

God Loves You & He Likes You

105
God Loves You & He Likes You
Google Images

If we are all honest with ourselves, there is something inside of us that is always seeking. We are seeking a level of success, a person, a thing, or a feeling that we believe will satisfy the part of us that is "missing." We might not like admitting it, but oftentimes this seeking takes the form of a person. We want a friend, a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a parent, a sibling, a teacher, a boss, someone to tell us that we are enough. We want the validation that comes from being liked by the people around us. We don't just want to be loved by people, we want to be appreciated, liked, and desired.

I think that as Christians, we sometimes categorize God in only two ways. We limit Him to being loving and just. And God is both of those things. He is the perfect example of a loving Father, yet he is also the perfect example of a fair and just God. But those two categories limit Him. When we do this, we create a God who only works in two ways: either out of love or out of justification. But our God is so much bigger than that. He is loving, just, fair, fierce, forgiving, merciful, strong, perfect.

He cannot be described as merely one thing or another. So, when it comes to the idea of God's love, we need to understand that God doesn't just love us. He likes us, too.

This may seem like a simple statement, but if we think about what that really means, we should recognize how awesome that makes our God. Essentially, the God of the universe, the perfect Father, the creator of everything, who knows every single thing about us, not only loves us, but delights in us.

God is jealous for our hearts, our time, and our company. He delights in moments spent with us. He thinks we are awesome! I think it is really easy for us to place God on this unreachable scale and feel like He only loves us because He has to. But God has known us intimately from the beginning and He thought we were dying for. You don't sacrifice your Son for someone you don't like.

God's jealous for us because He thinks we are so incredible. God is God. He doesn't need our hearts, our praise, our worship, our devotion, our companionship. He's God. He doesn't need us. He wants us. He isn't sitting around waiting for our company and love because He can't live without it. He's desperately pursuing us because He wants our hearts. He wants to spend time with us because He enjoys us. He delights in us. We are His pride and joy.

Like a loving Father, He thinks we are beautiful and wonderful. He values our minds, the way we think about things, the way we approach problems. He delights in our hobbies and joys. He thinks we are perfect. He wants to hangout with us.

Nothing else can satisfy our hearts. Once you encounter God's love and recognize that your joy is in Him and His is in you, no other relationship, person, accomplishment, or level of success will ever compare. The God who created everything, who sacrificed His Son, who rules over every part of creation, wants to be your best friend and Father. He loves you and He likes you.