God Is Not Indifferent

God Is Not Indifferent

He cares for me, so I must care for others.

27472
God Is Not Indifferent

I would not be where I am today without God. He has graced my life with fantastic people and great opportunities. His grace, mercy, and forgiveness has carried me through my first twenty years. He has proved to me in so many ways, both big and small, that He is not indifferent towards me. Because He is not indifferent towards me, I must not be indifferent towards others.

In the world we live in, it is so easy to become indifferent towards others. We become focused on school and our careers and fail to take notice of the people that surround us. While it is okay to think of ourselves and do what is best for us, we also should take a moment to consider others. This is something I struggle with. Let me be honest with you: I often am so busy running around that I forget that others around me are struggling through life as well. Between class and work, I come in contact with hundreds of people a day. How many of those people have I helped? How many of the people I come in contact with can see Jesus' love at work in my life? Do I just talk the talk or do I genuinely live what I preach?

God is not indifferent. Therefore, as a Christian I must not allow myself to become indifferent towards others.

I know we become disappointed in life, both with people and with different circumstances. However, we can not allow ourselves to become indifferent towards the people around us. This world is hurting. People are broken and desperate for something to believe in. They are desperate for hope. Let us not be indifferent towards those around us. Let us be someone's hope today.