The Biggest Thing I've Learned

The Biggest Thing I've Learned Is That People Aren't Perfect But God Is

People aren't perfect.

238
Faith Burling

Sophomore year of college has included a lot for me. I am learning so much in my classes, what I love and what I hate, but I have also learned a lot about people this year as well.

I have learned that not everyone is going to be there for you the way you are for them. There are some people who will be there for you only when it is convenient for them or makes them look good even if you would drop anything in a second to help them. While I know no one should put themselves in a bad situation to help you, there are also times that it is obvious that another person could do than what they do.

I think that this is a big part of growing up though. Your friend groups get smaller, you start to only include a select amount of people in on your life and you grow apart from some. While the friend group shrinking can be upsetting and difficult at times, it is usually better in the end.

I have learned, especially this year, that sometimes you just have to trust God's plan. While it may seem as though it is not fair, sometimes things end so better things can come along.

The truth is, people are not perfect, but God is. People will let you down, but God won't. While sometimes it may seem as though God isn't helping you at that moment, He is.

I have always had a difficult time trying to see His plan instead of the little area that I am able to see. The small time frame that I have experienced or can 'predict' for my future. This semester especially, I have been trying to see what God actually has planned for me. Usually, I'll have a whole plan decided where I think that I am able to see where it is going then God completely changes everything.

My challenge to the college student reading this, trust that God does have a plan. And not just a plan, but a GOOD plan. I challenge you to not live your life thinking 'why this challenge for me?' but 'what is God teaching me here?' It has changed my life for nothing but the better.

"I say this because I know the plans that I have for you." This message is from the LORD. "I have good plans for you. I don't plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future."
- Jeremiah 29:11 ERV