God Doesn't Need Us To Be Perfect

God Doesn't Need Us To Be Perfect

He just needs us to be ready.

403
Yahoo Images

A few nights ago, I found myself in my residence hall’s lounge having a heart-to-heart talk with a new friend. It started just about how we’re both adjusting to college life, but quickly found its way into religion when she made the comment, “I just feel like everyone here has their life together.” We started discussing the fact that while it seemed like everyone we’ve met here has their life on track and comes from a Christian home and knows exactly what their purpose is; neither one of us do. It led into a discussion about how maybe God isn’t currently using us for anything, but rather waiting until we’ve overcome our struggles or become better Christians to really use us, because there’s just no way He would think about using broken, sinful people to do his work for Him. We talked for a little while about the things that we needed to change, and how maybe then that would lead to us being used in God’s kingdom for something greater than what we could ever imagine.

It wasn’t until last night while praying and reading God’s word that I realized the problem with our thinking. God isn’t interested in perfection. In the Bible, God didn’t call on perfect people to spread his love, and never once did He deem someone too broken to receive His love. None of us are perfect, there is no one and never will be anyone perfect except for Him. God used the sinners. He used the prostitutes, the liars, the criminals, the drunkards, the adulterers and EVERYTHING in between. He called on those who weren’t perfect or qualified, but instead He qualified them, and used them for things far beyond anyone would think possible. A quote I once read says “God doesn’t call the qualified, but instead He qualifies the called.” We don’t have to have our lives together to be used by Him, we just have to be ready to serve when He calls us. Isaiah 6:8 says, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said 'Here I am. Send me.'"

God doesn’t need us to be perfect; He just needs us to be willing to serve Him. If we wait until we’re no longer sinners, or until we are qualified to be used by Him, we will never be used by Him.

You are never too broken, too unqualified, too young, too old, or too imperfect to be used by God. Stop waiting until you think you are qualified, and let him make you qualified. Allow God to use you, and be ready when He calls.

“Perhaps this is the moment for which you were created” Esther 4:14