God Deserves More Than Your Social Media Bio

“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
34

How often do you see Instagram, Twitter and Facebook account bio’s listed with bible verses, the name of Jesus or quotes that simply imply that they’re believers of the faith. However, when you scroll through these different individuals feeds, you can find pictures of drinking, partying, foul language, immodest dress or just no other mention of God or His son anywhere. The world teaches us that this type of feel good Christianity is okay, but that is a lie. How can one serve the world and God at the same time? The truth is that you can’t.

‘Jesus replied, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all of your strength and with all of your mind and love your neighbor as yourself.’” Luke 10:27

To be honest with you, I used to be that kind of Christian, the type who would say that I believed in Jesus without truly living my life that way. I would proclaim His name in my bio yet I would still live trying to please the world. I cared so much about what others thought of me. I was always trying to keep up with the latest trends and it was e x h a u s t i n g. So after running, searching and feeling so much emptiness, I resubmitted my life to Christ and let me tell you, it has been the best decision that I have ever made. Within the last year, specifically, I have grown so much in my walk with Him. He has shown me true love, forgiving love, unfailing love, a love that I have never known. A love so deep that I thought it could never exist. God has filled me so much more than any praise the world brings ever could and I want to share that with you.

“To know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:19

God deserves more than just our bio’s, He deserves to be an active part of our life. He deserves to receive praise from us for the blessings that He brings continually into our lives whether we deserve it or not, (which typically we don’t). However, I know from personal experience that giving or resubmitting your life fully to Christ will not be an easy or fast task. You may be losing some of your closest friends, you may be mocked for not participating in the things that you used to do, you may have parts of your past that even come back to haunt you. Satan uses all of these tactics to make us think, ‘God could never use someone like me’ or ‘God could never love someone like me’. But He can, He will and He does, so much. Therefore, just surrender to Him; after all, He does want us to spend eternity with Him in His kingdom that He prepared for us, His children. So do not just settle for being a feel good Christian. Be a Christian who actively pursues God day in and day out. Be a true light in this desperate world of darkness.