When God Blesses You With A Best Friend

When God Blesses You With A Best Friend

To the ones that will be sitting on my front porch

353
When God Blesses You With A Best Friend
Geissy Bitencourt

Everyone goes through stages of their life where they think they have found their "best friend." But, one day that best friend leaves your life. That isn't the best friend I am talking about here. This is the best friend that is there for you through thick and thin, through the good times and the bad, and through all of those fights that most would have thrown in the towel and walked away from. This is the best friend that no matter how many times you push them away, they will always be by your side. That is when you know God truly has blessed you with your best friend for life.

When God blesses you with a best friend...

...you know you will never be alone.

There will never be a moment that you will feel alone, and even when you do they will make sure you understand that you are not. There will always be a shoulder to cry on, an ear that is ready to listen, and a mouth to tell you its going to be okay.

...it is never a dull moment when you are together.

They are the friend that you can literally sit in a room doing nothing together, and you still aren't bored together. Even in those moments there will always be some joke to be made or talk to have that will have you craving their attention for years to come.

...you find your better half.

They are your partner in crime that knows when to put you in your place. You constantly make bad decisions together, but at the same time you save each other for making even worse decisions alone. They are there to tell you when you are being crazy and when you are being the best version of yourself. They are there to help you through your darkness and to celebrate with you in the light.

...you have a bond that can never be broken.

They understand you like no one else can. They understand you even better than you understand yourself most of the time, and that's something you cannot teach each other. They are the ones that even in the darkest days know that the love you have for each other can always triumph anything else.

...you found your second family.

Friends are the family we get to chose, but once they are there its basically impossible to get rid of them. Their parents become yours and vice versa. You are integrated into each others lives as if they were meant to be there in the first place.

Not everyone is lucky enough to find friends like these, but if you do never let them go. Hold them close because they will be one of the best blessings you will ever receive in your lifetime.