Glambot At Home: Part One - Background

While everyone is complaining about having to be locked inside for days, I've been thriving. I've been playing video games, catching up on movies I need to watch, and having mini dance parties in my room at 2 am. It has been really chill, and with that, it is safe to assume I've been on social media for a bit. With Tik Tok being as addicting as it is, I've spent an unhealthy amount of time scrolling through the "ForYou Page." And everyone's Tik Tok is different, so it's unlikely that those who have it have seen these slo-mo glambot videos. I don't know if it's a new trend or not, but everyone seems to be posting jokes about the glambot. Now I just discovered the glambot a few weeks ago and it is on my bucket list! If you've never seen it, it's a slow-motion camera used on the red carpet that records people at like 1000 frames per second for one second.

margot robbie oscars red carpet GIF by E! Giphy

At first, it doesn't seem like it's much but Tik Tok has taken it a step further. So each person uses the audio Boss B*tch from Doja Cat that was created for the "Birds of Prey" (2020) movie. And you know I am already hooked if they are using the BOP track; especially since I've seen that film five times (IDK how either). So what Tik Tokers do is everyone is doing is that they record themselves in sweats with an imaginary event and then it cuts to the celebrities in dresses.

Best of Glambot: 2020 Grammys | E! Red Carpet & Award Shows www.youtube.com

This glambot is like the coolest thing I've ever seen. Every time I see it I wonder what my one second move would be if I had the chance to pose in front of it. I am very picky about my looks, so I wonder if it would even look good. Like mentioned earlier, we are all locked inside. However, I definitely want to try this out soon and with some friends. The actual camera costs way too much money, a couple of thousands dollars. So instead of doing all that, I've seen some tutorials and have been looking into it. I mean, if we are all going to be locked in the house - might as well have some fun.