In a world that is constantly go, go, go, we are often too overly engrossed in every little thing we do. Go to school, go to work, get lunch with friends, work out, catch up on emails, check Facebook, post an Instagram, keep up a Snapchat streak, do your homework, make it to this meeting, go here, go there and so much more. People these days are always on the move and have so much to do in so little time. We are too obsessed with trying to please other people, we barely have enough time to please ourselves. But before we can make other people happy, we need to take the time to make sure we, ourselves, are happy first.
Here are some ideas to take time out of your day and give yourself a break:
1. Ride your bike.
2. Go for a run.
3. Cook something you saw on “Tasty.”
4. Read a book.
5. Draw in an adult coloring book.
6. Watch your favorite show on Netflix.
7. Go get some ice cream or frozen yogurt.
8. Do something different with your hair.
9. Organize your room.
11. Write a letter to an old friend or relative.
12. Plan a vacation.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you make the best of it because this is your time and no one else's.