Give Wayne State A Chance

Give Wayne State A Chance

I am from a small town and I made it work, give it a chance.

33
Give Wayne State A Chance

Recently, I started classes at a University two hours from my home, and it's in Midtown Detroit. Wayne State University is beautiful, the people are wonderful, and the classes are actually fun. It was a big adjustment for me, I am a little out of my element I come from a small farming town and unlike many students here I graduated in a small class of 60 people. I had my several people question me about why I would come here and honestly, for awhile I was questioning myself too. What I have realized since being here though is that I am at home, it's a home away from home and that is something I wanted in a college. So here are some reasons I think everyone should give Wayne State University a chance.

The campus is beautiful.

The architecture is simply stunning. Every building here has something unique about it, but at the same time all the buildings somehow flow together. Old Main, the building in the picture is probably one of my favorite buildings here because of how beautiful it is. Who wouldn't want to take classes in this building?

It's one of three research universities in Michigan.

Most people don't know this but we are one of the three research universities in Michigan and that gives me the opportunity to do a research project with a professor, even as a Journalism major! I think this is really awesome to find in a school.

We are in Midtown.

I get the Midtown filter on Snapchat and for those who haven't seen it, it's really pretty. Not only does it have a cool filter there is always something interesting to see or do.

Wayne State students get really cool discounts.

If you are a college student you need the discounts don't act like you don't want them. We can go to different places in midtown for free or discounted prices.

Speaking of free stuff, our sports games are all free.

I know other schools do this, too, but it's definitely a plus to going here. Go Warriors!

Living in the dorms makes it easy to meet new people.

I live in the dorms and I have made so many friends on my floor and the RAs are really nice even if they aren't from my floor and are always willing to help if I have questions. I have a met some pretty cool people through the dorms and I think everyone should check them out. We all get a bathroom in our rooms, I know some schools do the whole community bathroom thing, but not us you and your roommate(s) get a bathroom.

The Student Center.

I have recently discovered the downstairs of the Student Center and found the food that you can get after the other dining halls close. The Student Center is a great place I go there and I made some great friends there.

I guess what I am trying to get at is, give Wayne State a chance and don't say no to it because it is in Detroit. Our campus is safe, and has a lot of great opportunities, and if I can make it here anyone can. I am a small town girl making a huge life change in Detroit, give it a chance and at least visit.